#WeAreAllIdrissa is the #1 Worldwide Trend on Twitter, after many Muslims went to Twitter to show their support for Idrissa Gana Gueye after he refuse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree strongly with your description of what a government should be, I think it's naive but I think that is a discussion for another thread.

I think our disagreement lies on that point. I also find the enforcing of moral positions on people that don't want them as a sort of secular theocracy almost. I also disagree with your concept of what discrimination is. I respect your opinion though and understand why you think that way. I cannot deny that you are coming from a place of empathy and understanding and a desire for good as you perceive it.
I like that fact that we have managed to have a conversation on the internet that hasn’t descended into chaos and insults! I respect that, thanks.

I will push back on “secular theocracy”. A belief based on evidence and rationality is not equivalent to a belief based on superstition and faith.

Never watch that scummy club, so I wouldn't know. Price tag they tout would back you up, tho.
Used to play for Everton, was one of their better players, but never good enough for PSG or us.

Saying that something is "wrong", is completely different to saying "I don't want any part of it".

I'm not homosexual, I don't want any part, or have any interest in homosexuality but I do not think it's "wrong".
If they feel its wrong and not violently advocating against it (like the conversion therapies), then i think its their right to hold that view. Some think abortion is wrong, but dont get in the way of others doing it. I say lets not force our view on them.

If they feel its wrong and not violently advocating against it (like the conversion therapies), then i think its their right to hold that view. Some think abortion is wrong, but dont get in the way of others doing it. I say lets not force our view on them.
If they can come up with just one justifiable reason why homosexuality is "wrong" then maybe I'll listen.

Until then they can fuck off.

Who has said it’s not their right?? What a strawman.

People are saying he’s dumb as shit for his bigoted views. And they’re right.

He can hold any view but conversely everyone else can hold the view he's a bigoted piece of shit

If you want to broadcast your backwards opinions you need to accept that they will be challenged.

The unwritten contract of a modern, liberal, democratic society is you can express your freedom as long as it does not negatively impact the freedom of others.

He can hold any view but conversely everyone else can hold the view he's a bigoted piece of shit

If you want to broadcast your backwards opinions you need to accept that they will be challenged.

The unwritten contract of a modern, liberal, democratic society is you can express your freedom as long as it does not negatively impact the freedom of others.
Agreed with this. Its his view and his view doesnt stop a gay person's freedom. Id let him have his view. Forcing him to wear certain things is us taking away his freedom. Live and let live.

I like that fact that we have managed to have a conversation on the internet that hasn’t descended into chaos and insults! I respect that, thanks.

I will push back on “secular theocracy”. A belief based on evidence and rationality is not equivalent to a belief based on superstition and faith.

Sorry for late reply. Just wanted to add that in the realms of morality, it's is difficult to moral proofs from 'evidence and rationality'. Rationality in itself is subjective, hence the wildly different viewpoints on these forums alone.

Back
Top Bottom