West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm starting to have my doubts
tumblr_m0525znBSI1qg7qtto1_500.gif

He's just in bad form. Like Kane has been at some point, like Rose has at some point, like Walker has at some point, like Eriksen has at some point, etc. etc.

It's just that anything bad about Lamela gets amplified because he's Lamela.

People love to hate Lamela.

Lamela is integral to us. To Poch.

It's just bad form.

tumblr_m0525znBSI1qg7qtto1_500.gif

He's just in bad form. Like Kane has been at some point, like Rose has at some point, like Walker has at some point, like Eriksen has at some point, etc. etc.

It's just that anything bad about Lamela gets amplified because he's Lamela.

People love to hate Lamela.

Lamela is integral to us. To Poch.

It's just bad form.
It's not that he's playing poorly

The clubs that hire him are just as to blame for the style of football churned out as Pullis himself. His previous jobs all had a 7 figure bonus paid to him for keeping them up, that is thier ambition. Brings into focus what Swansea, Southampton & Bournemouth have achieved.
Agree100% These clubs have more backbone and more football in them than lots of other 'elite' top 10 clubs.

The problem with this unbeaten runs is that you get to a point where you'd rather NOT lose than actually go on to WIN the match - we saw it quite a few times during our long unbeaten run last season before losing to Newcastle.

I mean there were even times today at 0-0 where it looked like we didn't even want to go on to win. It's like we were happy to just get a point away at The Hawthorns because it's a difficult place to come for us - It wasn't until we went a goal down when we started showing some urgency. If we had gone a goal down in the first half, it wouldn't have surprised me if we had gone on to win the game.

What a load of old twaddle.

We didnt drop points yesterday against a team that barely left their own half because we were "scared" of ending our unbeaten run.

Yesterday we saw a masterclass in defensive discipline plus a "typical" world class keeper performance. Plenty of teams will drop points there this season if West Brom continue to defend like that.

Also: I'm astounded that Jansen has ended up being our current scapegoat when we have Sissoko in the team, especially with the price tag attached.
I'm all for giving players the time they need to adapt to a league / system. He's played in this league for three or four years now so shouldn't really need acclimatising, but i'm yet to see what he offers going forward.

We didnt drop points yesterday against a team that barely left their own half because we were "scared" of ending our unbeaten run.

Yesterday we saw a masterclass in defensive discipline plus a "typical" world class keeper performance. Plenty of teams will drop points there this season if West Brom continue to defend like that.

Also: I'm astounded that Jansen has ended up being our current scapegoat when we have Sissoko in the team, especially with the price tag attached.
I'm all for giving players the time they need to adapt to a league / system. He's played in this league for three or four years now so shouldn't really need acclimatising, but i'm yet to see what he offers going forward.
We seemed more than happy with a draw in the 2nd half.
There was no real urgency to attack & score.
Maybe we just ran out of ideas.

We seemed more than happy with a draw in the 2nd half.
There was no real urgency to attack & score.
Maybe we just ran out of ideas.

I just think we had one of those days where:

1. We weren't at our best creatively.
2. We didnt get the luck.
And
3. West Brom were very, very good defensively.

At no point did i think "we're playing for a draw"

Go watch the game again. We were more than happy with just keeping possession then attacking. Nothing disciplined about their defending. When we wanted to, we breached their defence time and time again, especially at the end when we finally upped our game after going a goal down. Shambles defensively and no, people have got to stop with this 'world class' performance, there was nothing world class about it. He made two good saves from long distance efforts.

Janssen is a striker bought to score goals. Of course he's going to be blamed for not doing that. I mean he didn't even look like scoring and hasnt done since he's signed. He's been an abomination so far. But he's young and I'm sure if he keeps working hard his time will come.

Sissoko was getting blasted in the OMT and has been dropped from most peoples teams got the next two games at least. I don't see any praise coming his way.

We really need a Mahrez like player imo
Someone with that x-factor. The 1 big signing who would have been a game changer for us this season.
Different to our other attacking players.
Our only obvious improvement really.
Which is a big positive.

I just think we had one of those days where:

1. We weren't at our best creatively.
2. We didnt get the luck.
And
3. West Brom were very, very good defensively.

At no point did i think "we're playing for a draw"
Fair enough. I felt we were happy with a draw in the 2nd half. Agree to disagree!

Go watch the game again. We were more than happy with just keeping possession then attacking. Nothing disciplined about their defending. When we wanted to, we breached their defence time and time again, especially at the end when we finally upped our game after going a goal down. Shambles defensively and no, people have got to stop with this 'world class' performance, there was nothing world class about it. He made two good saves from long distance efforts.

Janssen is a striker bought to score goals. Of course he's going to be blamed for not doing that. I mean he didn't even look like scoring and hasnt done since he's signed. He's been an abomination so far. But he's young and I'm sure if he keeps working hard his time will come.

Sissoko was getting blasted in the OMT and has been dropped from most peoples teams got the next two games at least. I don't see any praise coming his way.
I feel you are being a little harsh. There is truth to what you say but it was fine margins whether we scored or not. It was a matter of inches (ask your Mrs). At the end, Eriksens free kick just dipped a fraction too soon. Foster expressed that, he felt that everything was within reach during the game - it was one of them days. Agree-Janssen needs to start scoring, although he had an excellent game. Just remember how it was, only a few years ago and where we are now. 8 unbeaten games in the PL, CL football and a decent squad. kane to come back refreshed and Dembele yet to feature. Wow wow and double wow?

I feel you are being a little harsh. There is truth to what you say but it was fine margins whether we scored or not. It was a matter of inches (ask your Mrs). At the end, Eriksens free kick just dipped a fraction too soon. Foster expressed that, he felt that everything was within reach during the game - it was one of them days. Agree-Janssen needs to start scoring, although he had an excellent game. Just remember how it was, only a few years ago and where we are now. 8 unbeaten games in the PL, CL football and a decent squad. kane to come back refreshed and Dembele yet to feature. Wow wow and double wow?

I think we've made great strides and I wouldn't want you to think I'm mistaking our performance against West Brom to how we've performed this season and over the course of 2 years. We are having a great season. We are showing to have some great depth and we're showing that last season wasn't just a one off.

I think we've made great strides and I wouldn't want you to think I'm mistaking our performance against West Brom to how we've performed this season and over the course of 2 years. We are having a great season. We are showing to have some great depth and we're showing that last season wasn't just a one off.
Thats the spirt.
We are a decent team with so much to achieve. Football can be cruel and there are only a few trophies to win. Lets play CL on Tue and see where we are on Wed-one game at a time. We have some good games coming up to look forward too.

Thats the spirt.
We are a decent team with so much to achieve. Football can be cruel and there are only a few trophies to win. Lets play CL on Tue and see where we are on Wed-one game at a time. We have some good games coming up to look forward too.

Leicester, Woolwich, West Ham and Chelsea within our next 5 league games!

Back
Top Bottom