West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This cunt is officially the Donald Trump of football. Looks set to continue to stoke controversy as a means to promote is book than to actually have a career in football. Seems odd that someone who proclaims to be such a guru hasn't been in employed by a single team for 5yrs!!

This cunt is officially the Donald Trump of football. Looks set to continue to stoke controversy as a means to promote is book than to actually have a career in football. Seems odd that someone who proclaims to be such a guru hasn't been in employed by a single team for 5yrs!!

He's very much an attention seeking merchant. Any other genius statements that is about to come? Water is wet? The Pope is Catholic? Ice is cold?

No, let's fucking not. I despise Pulis and his continuing football hate crime. He is poison.
He instructs his player to habitually waste time, and work for throw ins, corners and free kicks, like he did at Stoke.
Fills the the team with thugs who go over at the the slightest touch. If that what West Brom fans want, go and watch NFL.
I don't like it. However that's Pulis. You know what you're getting It remains to be sen if the boy emperor, when he turns up, will be happy with mid table mediocrity and the style of football.
Steve Clarke got sacked for losing 4 games on the trot after he took them to their highest finish ever in the PL, under Peace.
All I am saying is that you have to give him credit. He isn't going to come out and play us in the way we want him to play. He makes it hard. It's not nice and if I was a WBA fan I wouldn't like it.
However, they are in the PL. If he went out with what he has and played open expansive football, they may not be. Mourinho plays in the same way with better players.
It's up to us to overcome the style. IF not for a half inch here and there yesterday we would have.

Look let's give Brom some credit. They play to their strengths. If not for Foster they could have been dead and buried before 2nd half. Yet they came out second half and gave it a go. They were at home. Still didn't do too much but set pieces are their strength. I think our own errors lead to their chances, the first corner that lead to the second and goal was an error. I can see it being a hard place to get a result for many this season and they have a couple with goals up front now. Most will not have the chances we had there and there will be some who don't get Foster on a good day. Having watched it again Everything was just within reach for him. It's a matter of half inch with the ball or his position and different outcome. Sometimes that just happens. There were maybe 3 chances we should have been more clinical with.

Yep, we can't blame West Brom for setting up so as they did. What can you expect from the squad they have compared to ours? Pulis is what he is. My only complaints are about the time wasting from minute 1 which is so cringe and it's not sportsmanlike, it ruins the spectacle of the game and destroys the atmosphere at games. And the tackle on Davies from McClean which I think should have been a straight red because it was so late and reckless, it was only luck that meant Davies didn't get an injury from that.

It is what it is. I think we lacked balance at times. We need to be more clinical. We'll improve, and we aren't in a bad position being just a point off the top and still the only team undefeated. As long as we don't settle for draws to protect that, all is good. Basically, what you need to do is try to win each game, even if you overstretch and IF you go behind you work extra hard to get back on terms, which we did yesterday.

I don't like it. However that's Pulis. You know what you're getting...
All I am saying is that you have to give him credit. He isn't going to come out and play us in the way we want him to play. He makes it hard. It's not nice and if I was a WBA fan I wouldn't like it.
However, they are in the PL. If he went out with what he has and played open expansive football, they may not be. Mourinho plays in the same way with better players.
It's up to us to overcome the style
. IF not for a half inch here and there yesterday we would have.

Grrrr.... The cold are facts are these. Pulis has never had control of a club who have the 'luxury' of world class players...
...therefore, he cuts his cloth accordingly... and does it very well... annoying as it it is.

Then again, someone who doesn't get a part in a West End play could kill everyone else in the cast and get the lead part by default, whether or not they were good enough to get the part when everyone else was alive.
Wouldn't make it right, or fair, but it wouldn't half be effective! (I wouldn't go and see the show, mind!)

Gotta change the tactics against teams like WBA, play ugly, Dier upfront roughing them up with plenty of long balls/ crosses into him. Players running directly at them at speed will get free kicks in key areas, penalties a bonus

980x.gif
It's not that he's bad, it's just that we have three very similar attacking midfielders and imo he's below the others

It's not that he's bad, it's just that we have three very similar attacking midfielders and imo he's below the others
Lamela is part of the jigsaw. We have a few players that will be on and off form during the entire season. Coco is a very important part of the squad.

Jan: 'IF WE'D HAD A FEW MINUTES MORE WE'D HAVE SCORED AGAIN'

Yeah, and had we had a few minutes less, we'd have lost!

It's all relative!

Personally... i'd almost have rathered the frustration of a 0-0... rather than pretending to have to be pleased with a last minute equaliser, 'cos the Gods of Spursy suddenly decided to wake up and give Chadli a wand of a foot!

Bloody football... running weekends since 1882!

It wasn't humour.
(Hang on... how do you know?)
No... believe me, it really was... albeit misguided, obviously ("know your Audience, they'll either get it, or they won't" - Tommy Cooper, backstage at Her Majesty's; April 15th 1984) I don't think using the phrase "a Nun's rancid dried up cunt" would be used in civilised conversation... it's place is in the world of the humorous, or the perverse... and i'm not perverse! ...much!

Last edited:
I get that Pulis keeps teams in the Premier, but he recruits in his own image. Would he ever uncover a Deli, or Harry Winks?
No, he would rather thugs like Huth and McLean. Look at their side yesterday, full of 6 footers. Should he lose his keeper, they would struggle against good sides. Foster was the difference yesterday, he stopped a 4 to 5 goal hiding.
I would never pay to watch his teams play as a neutral.

I get that Pulis keeps teams in the Premier, but he recruits in his own image. Would he ever uncover a Deli, or Harry Winks?
No, he would rather thugs like Huth and McLean. Look at their side yesterday, full of 6 footers. Should he lose his keeper, they would struggle against good sides. Foster was the difference yesterday, he stopped a 4 to 5 goal hiding.
I would never pay to watch his teams play as a neutral.
Is the team shite or does Pulis make them shite. Why is it, he coaches relegating fighting teans .maybe hes the problem in the first place.
He dosnt keep teams in the PL. At the point where the players realise they could get religated, they try a lot harder. They get into this predicament because of his poor coaching and they bail themselves out.

The clubs that hire him are just as to blame for the style of football churned out as Pullis himself. His previous jobs all had a 7 figure bonus paid to him for keeping them up, that is thier ambition. Brings into focus what Swansea, Southampton & Bournemouth have achieved.

We made Foster look good. Whenever the GK is praised it just means the finishing wasn't good enough.

To some extent, yes, but his saves from Davies and especially Eriksen x2 were unbelievable.

I knew we'd struggle in this game, we always do. Even when we went up there and won 3-0 two years ago, we were still under pressure for large parts and they did the woodwork twice.

We could've put them away in the first half, but seeing how the second half went, I'm quietly happy with the point.

Back
Top Bottom