West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we know we're going to be near the top anyway. We were challenging for the title last year event though we had:

a crap start;
fucking Europa on Thurs nights;
a new defence (Toby);
a new striker (Son).

This season, we've had:

a good start;
no Europa;
settled back 5;
Son on fire.

We're better in so many ways to this time last year. Last year's 1-1 at WBA we were hanging on, this time we should have buried it by HT. Satisfied with away draws now? Not after destroying Stoke and Boro.

I said it during the week - start with Son. If we'd given him first 45 we'd have had our best finisher on the pitch when we were creating chances for fun. Our best attacking combo is (in the absence of Kane)

Christian E
Dele A
Son
Vin Jan

Someone posted selling Lamela. That's daft. But a lot of his best work is creating chances when he comes off the bench and the game opens up. If WBA had been chasing the game after HT, EL's clever one touch passing on the edge of their box would have given them a real head ache.

Big fan of Poch, but imo he missed a trick yesterday. If we go into HT in the lead, I think the likelihood is we'll stretch it in 2nd half, we're so good on the break.
But we are getting more injuries which will play a big factor.
Most teams are better this season so you have to be better just to standstill.
I think if we get 3rd this season, it will be a bigger achievement than 3rd last season.

Not really Pulis' fault we didn't win yesterday, we created enough chances and they were of good quality. We just couldn't finish them, our own fault, really.

Good for you, now go bother someone else.
Sorry dude... I was still stinging from yesterday...
My response was more to do with the detailed run down of how they (WBA) were doing... and that suggesting that a draw was likely because they already had the most draws, and therefore that was what WE had to expect, and shouldn't feel too bad.
But using that logic against City 2 weeks ago would've consigned us to defeat BECAUSE they (City) had won 6 on the trot..
Which is why I prefer to worry about US first, and not who or how the opposition have been doing lately!

Sorry for using a Nuns Rancid cunt as my metaphor of choice!!

Hug it out? ?

No, let's fucking not. I despise Pulis and his continuing football hate crime. He is poison.
He instructs his player to habitually waste time, and work for throw ins, corners and free kicks, like he did at Stoke.
Fills the the team with thugs who go over at the the slightest touch. If that what West Brom fans want, go and watch NFL.
This is true,did the same at Stoke now W.B.A anti football horrible little man with horrible ideas! Unfortunately we play better against teams who play football, teams like Stoke,West Brom etc we will struggle against until we can dig in and win ugly,that's going to continue! Palace,Southampton and Leicester can be added to the list, unless we get the rub of the green like the gimps down the road,which I doubt?

Sorry dude... I was still stinging from yesterday...
My response was more to do with the detailed run down of how they (WBA) were doing... and that suggesting that a draw was likely because they already had the most draws, and therefore that was what WE had to expect, and shouldn't feel too bad.
But using that logic against City 2 weeks ago would've consigned us to defeat BECAUSE they (City) had won 6 on the trot..
Which is why I prefer to worry about US first, and not who or how the opposition have been doing lately!

Sorry for using a Nuns Rancid cunt as my metaphor of choice!!

Hug it out? ?
I don't think he gets your humour so he took it personally.

Not really Pulis' fault we didn't win yesterday, we created enough chances and they were of good quality. We just couldn't finish them, our own fault, really.

It is Pulis' fault, by virtue of the fact it was he who selected Ben Foster in Goal, and it was his fault we went in 0-0 at HT.
Added to that the almost (but never quite) criminal tactics against football... then yes, it was all down to Tony Pulis for turning Boing Boing Baggies into Boring Boring Baggies!

See what I did there... all with the letter 'R'!!!

Chadli on his goal: "There was no celebration out of respect. It was my first club when I came to England and I respect the club, the people there and especially the fans. I’m happy to score, I’m always happy to score"

Big respect to the guy, now next time show some real respect and hoof it over the bar!!!!

Chadli on his goal: "There was no celebration out of respect. It was my first club when I came to England and I respect the club, the people there and especially the fans. I’m happy to score, I’m always happy to score"

Big respect to the guy, now next time show some real respect and hoof it over the bar!!!!
Top man.
Another one I was sorry to see leave the club.

He skied his header (on the stroke of half-time) on his debut vs. Palace... I knew then he wouldn't be prolific...

Until he left us for mid-Table West Boring Albion!

Now he's fucking Messi with no body hair!

Fucking Dolphin cunt!

Only joking... I wish he could've bought into Poch's project, and been happy to play second fiddle to Lamela or Son...
as it was, it seems Puli's TOTAL FOOTBALL vision enticed him, and all the riches therein...

No wonder he looked sheepish at Full-Time... he knows what he's gonna miss out on.

Still, there's always that mid-table/flirting with relegation scrap to look forward to!

Last edited:
That would see us on 76 points. Not title winning form that's for sure. POSSIBLY fourth place. Really an improvement?
Perhaps I should have emphasised the 'used' as nowadays more points are required to win the league but also we have never got 76 points in the premiership. Our expectations have increased as top 4 was always the target previously.

I really am starting to detest McClean

His tackle was reckless and should have been a straight red. The decision would probably have given us even more control and one of their main crossers would have been out. Mr. Friend was poor again yesterday and not quite the right ref for this fixture where we expected a physical battle with potential over the top tackling.

That would see us on 76 points. Not title winning form that's for sure. POSSIBLY fourth place. Really an improvement?

More importantly though, the form we have been having, would give us 85,5 points over a season. Of the 8 games three of them we have played the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Manchester City.
The only really disappointing result was yesterday, but these will come for all teams regardless. Even Bayern drew away at Eintracht Frankfurt last night.

More importantly though, the form we have been having, would give us 85,5 points over a season. Of the 8 games three of them we have played the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Manchester City.
The only really disappointing result was yesterday, but these will come for all teams regardless. Even Bayern drew away at Eintracht Frankfurt last night.

You're not wrong - I know the quality in the league is different but after 7 games. Bayern on the exact same points as us too. Conceded more too.

I reckon it's absolutely stud to bone. Probably bruised up the majority of his leg, gave him a dead leg for a long time and they'll assess it, leave him out of the Champions League game, MAY make the Bournemouth game but if anything, rest him for that too and bring him back at home to Leicester at the end of the month.

Can I tell the Professor at my clinic to give you a call?

Honestly starting to think Lamela should be sold

980x.gif

Back
Top Bottom