West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's look at this differently...

How many of you would have taken 4 points from the city and wba games if offered? I fucking would have!

if you told me the win would be against Man City and we followed that up with a draw against West Brom, I'd be disappointed.

Not necessarily. The downside of them being hard to beat because they park the bus, is that they themselves have trouble scoring and thus do not win much either. They draw too many games, they are currently the team with the most draws (4), and a draw still means losing out on two points obviously, which explains their position in the table.

I could not give a Nun's rancid dried up cunt about 'them' or 'they'... I only care about us!

The problem with this unbeaten runs is that you get to a point where you'd rather NOT lose than actually go on to WIN the match - we saw it quite a few times during our long unbeaten run last season before losing to Newcastle.

I mean there were even times today at 0-0 where it looked like we didn't even want to go on to win. It's like we were happy to just get a point away at The Hawthorns because it's a difficult place to come for us - It wasn't until we went a goal down when we started showing some urgency. If we had gone a goal down in the first half, it wouldn't have surprised me if we had gone on to win the game.

Always used to think you need to win your home matches and average a draw from the away matches and you will be near the top. We have done that but somehow it feels disappointing to have only got a draw when we dominated the match.
Glad no one mentioned we would go top if we won and City did not as that would have jinxed it.

Always used to think you need to win your home matches and average a draw from the away matches and you will be near the top. We have done that but somehow it feels disappointing to have only got a draw when we dominated the match.
Glad no one mentioned we would go top if we won and City did not as that would have jinxed it.

That would see us on 76 points. Not title winning form that's for sure. POSSIBLY fourth place. Really an improvement?

Sheikhty have played 4 in the top half and 4 in the bottom half.
Woolwich have played 2 in the top half and 6 in the bottom half.
Spurs have played 5 in the top half and 3 in the bottom half.

Not all doom and gloom then.

Sheikhty have played 4 in the top half and 4 in the bottom half.
Woolwich have played 2 in the top half and 6 in the bottom half.
Spurs have played 5 in the top half and 3 in the bottom half.

Not all doom and gloom then.

What about Liverpool?

3 from the top, 4 from the bottom.

4 from each half after Monday's game.

What does all this mean?

I was under the impression that the real test is beating the smaller teams who look to just sit and park and not against the top clubs, when we tend to do well and raise our game and energy levels.

Back
Top Bottom