West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Awkward The Launch GIF by CTV
Why was it bad?

Was it better than our last away performance?

Of the Man City, Liverpool and Woolwich games in not sure I see us getting a single point from those three so we need three against Forest. But I think 4th comes down to the last day as Villa have to play those teams as well and I don't fancy their chances either.

Unfortunately I'm staring to think the same. We were playing with freedom at the start of the season but the longer Ange has to implement his style, the more predictable our game is getting. There is a group pf
Players there that collectively is capable of more than just passing passing passing - cut back - tap in football.
You just summarised our game plan in a sentence. Opponents just train for this and they are done.

Are our players actually banned from taking shots on the edge of the box or outside it?

Need to start taking our chances and not trying to walk the ball into the goal.

Irritating. West Ham always raise their game against us and in this instance it was holding firm camping inside their own box.

Could be worse, but so so annoying to not shoot more often and with more precision. Stop putting it straight at the keeper or off target.
Funny how we can't seem to raise OUR game against THEM...?

Is it because we GENUINELY believe they're beneath us, and not worth raising our game for...?

'Cos fuck that... They hate us cos we're Jews... yet we can't seem to take that disgusting hatred towards us, and smack it back in their faces with a thumping... Cos what, we've convinced ourselves this is THEIR Cup Final and not ours?

They ALWAYS play out of their skins against us (and incidentally roll over and part their Arse cheeks for the Scum) ...why the FUCK can't we raise OUR game against THEM... it's not beneath us, and no one will mock us for caring about winning a London derby!

Fucking Darren Bent and Jason Cunty on TalkSport... You would NEVER believe both players played (badly) for us
Or maybe that's WHY they played so badly, cos they both clearly hate us!

Why was it bad?

Was it better than our last away performance?

If the bar of 'good' is improving on a 3-0 loss to Fulham, then yeah .. it was good.

Why was it bad? We were utterly pedestrian, failed to create a single chance of any note after going 1-0 up, and were generally just poor with a number of players being underwhelming again. Van de Ven and Vicario notable exceptions.

Why was it good? What was enjoyable about it? We had a solid little shit-off with West Ham.

I agree. Too many orgasming at the thought of scraping into the UCL. Why get excited to enter a competition that you fully know, you have no hope of winning.

We can't beat WH, yet some are excited by the thought of playing RM.
As dogsh1t as they are to watch they won the conference league and are last 8 in Europa, and Villa drew there the other week. Its hardly an easy game. If 5th gets us UCL i'll take it.

I’m sorry but we’re not as good as the media love in think we are. So long as a point at West Ham is considered a reasonable and respectable result, we’re far off anything remotely resembling glory. Good progress this season but a bloody chasm between us and serious title contenders. CL qualification would be utterly pointless too. This squad needs to realise its level, dig in, improve and progress. We are a long way off being genuinely decent.

Irritating. West Ham always raise their game against us and in this instance it was holding firm camping inside their own box.

Could be worse, but so so annoying to not shoot more often and with more precision. Stop putting it straight at the keeper or off target.
They normally do but was it really a case of West Ham raising their game or were we just low in intensity and poor in the final third tonight? We roasted teams at the start of the season by playing high tempo which we have stopped doing with the odd exception since the Chelsea home game. Not sure why as it’s the same players

Back
Top Bottom