What are The Fighting Cock Socials Like?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies if there's already a thread on this - can't find one.

I'm going to be arriving in London the afternoon of Chelsea away and so reckon I might chance my arm watching the game at this. I'm going to be on my own like the total 100% bona fide loser that I am. (Hey, never pretend to be anything other than what you are, right?) Will I be bullied? Will the bullying involve flushing my head down the loo? That's the deal-breaker for me.

Bit of a shame to hear they're all podcast listeners and don't go on the forum. I was going to walk around pretending to be I8AVB I8AVB all night but now I fear the humour may be somewhat lost.

Looks good though, Flav Flav . I'll be there.

Tended to assume there'd be some form of crossover....

I'd be up for the BVB away game if theres a social that night, but yeh I'd be in billy-no-mates mode too.

....Maybe i could take John Thomas John Thomas on a date?

They’re ok I guess the fact that everyone’s a Spurs fan has a very comfortable feel without it being too matey. My problem with these things is they’re fucking bad luck we never win when they’re on. Stop the fucking social just have one big double cup winners party at the end of the season

Really?

Has there been a change of format over the years?

I understand why the latter half may not be to everyone's taste, but the lads are pretty well behaved for the first part in the main.
Well the one I tuned into was effing this and effing that, from the off. Don't get me wrong, I can cuss with the best of them, especially at football, but don't need to hear it ad nauseum.

Well the one I tuned into was effing this and effing that, from the off. Don't get me wrong, I can cuss with the best of them, especially at football, but don't need to hear it ad nauseum.

Fair do's.... Just hadn't considered as much considering this forum is as foul-mouthed an environment as I'd expect to find anywhere. I guess hearing is a bit different to reading.

Personally, I grew up in a household where no-one swore(*), yet still I'm entirely desensitized to colourful language (thanks to music, films, social circle etc.) and am as potty-mouthed as the next 'man'. I do naturally clean my act up whenever in the presence of my family or kids... The one time I accidentally said 'fook' around my mum (quite recently!) she didn't even blink, yet I was mortified. She in turn found this utterly hilarious and spent the rest of the evening taking the the mick.

(*The phrase "Swears like a docker" always makes me laugh.... My Dad spent his entire working life on the docks and he's one clean mouthed **********r!)

Last edited:
How does one know when one of these gatherings is on?
I went to the front page of the site by accident once and found this:
The Fighting Cock social – The Fighting Cock

I've never actually listened to the podcast. I really, really need to be trying to finish my PhD at the mo and so other than watching four football matches daily and asking the missus if her day at her actual job was okay I need to use the spare half hour left over to read books and write instead. :(

Living up in Newcastle I basically never, ever meet another Spurs fan in real life. What a life!

I went to the front page of the site by accident once and found this:
The Fighting Cock social – The Fighting Cock

I've never actually listened to the podcast. I really, really need to be trying to finish my PhD at the mo and so other than watching four football matches daily and asking the missus if her day at her actual job was okay I need to use the spare half hour left over to read books and write instead. :(

Living up in Newcastle I basically never, ever meet another Spurs fan in real life. What a life!

Sounds familiar (replace 4 matches per day with too much dicking around on here and other 'essential' practices, but I'm fundamentally 'that guy' too)...

:dierpochhug:

Apologies if there's already a thread on this - can't find one.

I'm going to be arriving in London the afternoon of Chelsea away and so reckon I might chance my arm watching the game at this. I'm going to be on my own like the total 100% bona fide loser that I am. (Hey, never pretend to be anything other than what you are, right?) Will I be bullied? Will the bullying involve flushing my head down the loo? That's the deal-breaker for me.
dont be scared they are all pansies, except for RickyTFC RickyTFC he's hard as nails

You don't have to. It't not for everyone. But best pod about Spurs for me.

If i'm gonna help sully the nice forum they've provided, then I figure, the least I can listen to the pod once a week when doing so.... Seems a bit rude otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom