What does Luton Town mean to you (if anything)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Delighted for them and their proper support, it will be great for the town.

Slightly embarrassed by the bandwagon from people who support other clubs who are now seemingly hardcore Luton after a day out at Wembley. Vast majority of their 30,000+ won't have been in Kenilworth Road this season, even fewer when they were down in the lower and non leagues. Inevitable I guess but hope it doesn't ruin the core support.

Luton Town stadium capacity just over 10,000 - about 10% smaller than Bournemouth which used to be smallest in PL.

I guess that's why the main entrance to yhe stadium through a house is still adequate !

Luton Town stadium capacity just over 10,000 - about 10% smaller than Bournemouth which used to be smallest in PL.

I guess that's why the main entrance to yhe stadium through a house is still adequate !

They've even got a wheelie bin to put the old managers in. We could do with one of them.

Glad they came up flown out off Luton a few times though jesus the place is a dive but don't expect them to stay up very Blackpool esque in the story they have had coming up though

Last edited:
Saw this on FB...

Excited to see VAR work at Luton town next season.
On field referee walking into the living room of one of the houses on Kenilworth Road and rewinding the incident on Sky+

😂😂

Delighted for them and their proper support, it will be great for the town.

Slightly embarrassed by the bandwagon from people who support other clubs who are now seemingly hardcore Luton after a day out at Wembley. Vast majority of their 30,000+ won't have been in Kenilworth Road this season, even fewer when they were down in the lower and non leagues. Inevitable I guess but hope it doesn't ruin the core support.
Totally agree. It was just a day out in London for many of them, with ST holders able to book 6 tickets at a time, which meant the place was full of glory fans/day-trippers/family and friends. I didn't get a ticket out of principle, as Spurs is my club, even though I was attending Luton games during the conference days(also agree with your point there), when LTFC couldn't give away STs, plus I'm a Londoner by birth, and will never call myself a Lutonian. In my experience, I've found that many of the non-hardcore supporters are a bit entitled, and fair weather.

Last edited:
Used to live near Dunstable... Big Luton area... kinda sorta had a soft spot for them (although they were non-league at the time, so it was probably more a patronising affection, seeing as they were a non-threat to Spurs!

Managed to sneak into Kenilworth Rd in '88/89 (the Gazza/Waddle/Stewart era) when no away fans were allowed and they still had a plastic pitch...

A few of us waited in town for the first hour, then got in for the last 20minutes when they opened the turnsti...sorry, the garden door to let fans out...
despite the ongoing away fan ban, I'm pretty sure there were still more Spurs in there than Luton that night!

I just about managed to see Gazza's last minute goal to seal a 3-1 win.

So that's what "Luton means to me"....

I'm sure they'll be everyone's '2nd favourite' team for a while, until they see the ground!!
Then they'll be more like a dirty Fulham if you will!

Shit hole. Pretty sure Tommy Robinson & the tefal headed wife beater from Arsehole TV hail from there. Nuff said (unless I’m wrong).
Straight back down the leagues for them. Not a fuck given.

Back
Top Bottom