What is our First Team midfield Trio?!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a good thread Conor; not stupid, and there's no right or wrong views, unless they differ from mine (;

Sandro
Pauly
Dembele
.. based on todays availability.

I think injuries, suspension and resting will all play a part, hopefully it will fuel competition for places but players remain patient and buy into the squad ethos.

YIDS!

The beauty of having so many great players is we can rest Dembele much more regularly and bring in replacements that are much better than Huddlestone and Parker. It wasn't that long ago we were starting Parker and Livermore in CM.

The season is long. 38 games, 3 cup competitions, suspensions and injuries will happen. The 'perfect' 3 totally depend on who we are playing.

Going away to Chelsea, I would love to see the shield that is Capoue and Sandro with Paulinho in front. Other times we will need to take the game to teams...Holtby and Eriksen will then be more needed. Dembele is a great player, he will get loads of game time.

This is a good problem, could be worse, we could be trying to find a place for Flamini.

There will be rotation dependent on player's strengths and opposition, as well as the formation we want to play. We've got the depth and options. I am full of love and cum for this team and I want to spray both all over everyone that has anything to do with Spurs.

Yes, this means you.

I don't really see us playing a 3-man midfield this season, think we'll have a 4-2-3-1 with a very fluid 3 behind Soldado, particularly in games against teams that set out to stop us from scoring. In that case I'd have 2 from Sandro-Capoue-Paulinho-Dembele, with Holtby-Lamela-Eriksen as the first choice fluid 3 with Lennon, Chadli, Townsend, Siggy to provide competition.
:avbshit:
But the beauty of this season is that there are so many strong combinations there. The unfortunate thing is I don't see many opportunities for Tom Carroll to break into the first XI and that can't be great for his development, he needs to be getting regular football now.

Anyone else see Capoue being used at centre half at times this year with Jan at LB? A team of giants. We'd be like Stoke, except .....good.
:sandroscream:

Very hard to choose atm, I would say in terms of CM CM ACM I d go Sandro -Pauliniho, Eriksen

The squad is on paper is the best I have ever seen at spurs in my lifetime

My only concern is AVB keeping them happy , I guess Europa league, league cup FA cup we play players not playing so much mins in the league , we actually have 2 strong teams now its fantastic for us fans !!

I think there is a difference between our three best (individuals), and the best three (collectively as a unit).

Assuming all fit, and with Erikson signed, and settled, I would say the best unit would be:
Sandro, Paulinho, Erikson.

Actually, on second thoughts:
Capoue, Dembele, Holtby.

Uh, or maybe actually:
Sandro, Capoue, Lamela.

Fuck. I can't decide. We are absolutely blessed in midfield.

"Scientifically, players can't be higher than 90% with 2 days between games".

What is he talking about?

He meant that if you play Thursday at 100% you couldn't play Sunday at 100% (max would be 90%). IE if we had to play the same player tonight at full tilt and Woolwich on Sun we couldn't expect max performance. That's what I think he was alluding to.

Luckily it's a squad game and the midfield that featured last night, probably won't be the same against the Goons.
I expect Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho to start on Sunday. However we can replace one of those three easily with like for like quality. Scary considering we had the likes of Parker, Hudd and Livermore to call upon last season as back up.

"Scientifically, players can't be higher than 90% with 2 days between games".

What is he talking about?

its-science-anchorman-150x150.gif

This!!
Remember when it was all out panic stations when Balewho missed a single game last year????

HE WAS BORN TO PAY FOR SPURS....!

Even tho it never actually works like this I like the idea of 2 distinct units changing for different games:

Sandro - Paulinho
Eriksen

Or

Capoue - Dembele
Holtby

As from the linguistic advantages of each 2 pairing (Portugese and French respectively) I think Pauly's passing is better than Dembele but Capoue's better than Sandro's.

I really hope this means we progress in each of the knock out competitions as we've no real excuse in terms of tiredness or fielding weakened sides.

Back
Top Bottom