What's Bale been saying in the papers?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

docomospur said:
"We're better than Chelsea because I can play left wing, right wing, attacking midfield, left back, striker, you name it."

"Except I'd rather kick the ball with my bollocks than with my right foot"

docomospur said:
"We're better than Chelsea because I can play left wing, right wing, attacking midfield, left back, striker, you name it."

"and i have problems standing up, whenever anyone come within a few feet of me"

All he said was that on our day, we are a better team of players than the Chelski Pensioners FC. I agree with him, I like the balls out, full on approach from the players. Hopefully the confidence translates to the pitch as a glorious 4-2-3-1 formation with Bale, Luka and Rafa rampaging destorys Ivanovic-less Moneyball FC!

Belgian Spur said:
I love Bale , but if he could just stay on the left i'd try to marry him
He'd be a terrible bride.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to-- Gareth, what are you doing over there?"
"Just thought I'd have a go playing the organ!"
"You're supposed to stand on the left-hand side of the aisle. We can't really proceed unless you--"
"Wahey! Now I'm over here! I'm gonna ring the bell! I can do anything!"

:baletroll:

Plus with his likeness to a monkey, once he get up those bell ropes, you'd have a bastard of a time getting him down again. Especially if you're Harry and your approach during action is to JUST SIT AND NEVER DO ANYTHING, LITERALLY DON'T MOVE FOR 45 MINUTES AT A TIME!

Then you would just have Joe Jordan stood at the end of the bell rope trying to coax him down whilst Clive Allen ineffectually gives instructions to passers by on ridiculous methods to retrieve him.

coalhada said:
Belgian Spur said:
I love Bale , but if he could just stay on the left i'd try to marry him
He'd be a terrible bride.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to-- Gareth, what are you doing over there?"
"Just thought I'd have a go playing the organ!"
"You're supposed to stand on the left-hand side of the aisle. We can't really proceed unless you--"
"Wahey! Now I'm over here! I'm gonna ring the bell! I can do anything!"

:baletroll:

Lol , but he will be surprised when he notices i am much more high maintenance and demanding than his current partner :harryfacepalm:. And i wont tolerate him diving to get out of his chores neither

From Martin Samuel in the Mail

Daniel Levy, the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, did well to stand firm against Chelsea over Luka Modric last summer, but Barcelona's impending move for Gareth Bale will be harder to resist. It is a magnificent opportunity for the player to join the best team in the world and not just as a makeweight.

Clearly, he is Barcelona's type of full back and with three years left on Bale's contract, the money will be premium rate and tempting. Yet with Harry Redknapp also likely to leave, this is a watershed summer for Tottenham.

They may also need a new manager, Modric may agitate for a move again and there is no guarantee Emmanuel Adebayor will stay unless personal terms can be agreed. If the break-up of Tottenham's team of Champions League challengers is not handled carefully, the fall could be quite brutal. Last summer Levy merely needed resolve; these hazards will require real skill to negotiate.

:bmj:

Blanchflower said:
From Martin Samuel in the Mail

Daniel Levy, the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, did well to stand firm against Chelsea over Luka Modric last summer, but Barcelona's impending move for Gareth Bale will be harder to resist. It is a magnificent opportunity for the player to join the best team in the world and not just as a makeweight.

Clearly, he is Barcelona's type of full back and with three years left on Bale's contract, the money will be premium rate and tempting. Yet with Harry Redknapp also likely to leave, this is a watershed summer for Tottenham.

They may also need a new manager, Modric may agitate for a move again and there is no guarantee Emmanuel Adebayor will stay unless personal terms can be agreed. If the break-up of Tottenham's team of Champions League challengers is not handled carefully, the fall could be quite brutal. Last summer Levy merely needed resolve; these hazards will require real skill to negotiate.

:bmj:
ITK?

Back
Top Bottom