Which African team will be the first to win the World Cup?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which African team will be the first to win the World Cup?

• Senegal

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Nigeria

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Cameroon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Egypt

• Ghana

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Ivory Coast

• Other (specify)

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • None (never will)

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Morocco

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
Yes you did. And someone wrote a long post about why it won't happen...wasn't either if us mind. Go Morocco πŸ‡²πŸ‡¦
That'll be me.

More than feasible that they will make me eat my words and, if they do, then massive kudos to them.

I actually hope they do win it now, it would do a power of good to a continent that, in the main, has suffered the shitty end of the stick for over a century.

Ah well, looks like Morroco aren't going to be proving me wrong, but they really had me hoping they would.

They've been the better team, apart from in the last third, one decent finisher and I feel we'd have seen a different story here.

I said Nigeria and my justification is quite simple. They have a young, booming population. When you have that, you surely have a large pool of elite athletes and if those athletes play football and get development, their program should explode.
If Nigeria could get all their players with Nigerian descent playing "Ireland style" they could win it?

Back
Top Bottom