Which CB should we sign?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which CB(‘s)should we sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TommyD123

Supporter
Seems nailed on that we’re after a LCB. Having probably only seen a grand total of 300 mins live of those we’ve been linked with (mainly Bastoni and Torres) myself, I’m interested as to who TFC forum members think make the most sense to sign. I’ve put some notional prices based on the rumours and I appreciate that some of those on the list may be more or less realistic than others.

However given the links tend to change every few days there’s not been a consistent debate on who the most suitable would be.

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone we’ve been linked with.

Also I included Bremer (and the Ukrainian kid) in even though not really LCB but we have been linked.

Torres (with Lo Celso as a makeweight), along with Bremer. This would make the strength in depth and competition for places really strong.

Conte cut the mistakes out of Sanchez and improved Royal defensively so I'd be confident he could do the same with Lenglet who would be an initial loan and so the best vfm.
Don't like Torres or Ndicka who are the only others I have watched in an actual game.
Judging by highlights I like Bastoni but could he get away with his cockiness in the EPL?

I'd get Bremer in ASAP and loan Lenglet (no option to buy).

I would happily start the season with Davies and Lenglet covering the LCB for the time being.

I'd also be keeping an eye on the situation with Saliba as he has 2 years left on his contract with the Goons.

There's a decent CB in there somewhere and he is someone who I'd love to pinch from under their noses.

I'd also be keeping an eye on the situation with Saliba as he has 2 years left on his contract with the Goons.

There's a decent CB in there somewhere and he is someone who I'd love to pinch from under their noses.
No chance we are going to try and sign a player they bought for £27m, then loaned out for 2 years.

I am confident with Eric starting on the left which he's done dozens of time so a solid central defender is not to be ruled out.
Agree, or on the right but I think you need a footballer/reader centrally in a 3, it’s a difficult position where-as RCB or LCB is much simpler.

Rather Dier was the main central CB

I'll be happy with anyone Conte wants....
'Cos I don't think I know better than Conte, so couldn't possibly declare a preference other than I just hope whatever Tony wants, Tony gets !

Why can't I select...

everyone GIF

Back
Top Bottom