Who’s having a 2022/23 breakout season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had Skippy to pull up trees last season, and I would have been right! I'm hoping Scarlett will make it this season, but depends on whether we sign a back up striker and/or he gets some decent playing time.

This reference is soooo Frrrrresssshhhh!!! :chicco:

uOSZDsN.gif

I think Skipp will have his work cut out to get his place back in the team with Hojberg and Bentancur doing so well and the expected new arrival in central midfield whoever that turns out to be. Skipp is good enough to compete with these players but whether he'll take the Premier League by storm at this stage is another matter. I expect a fight for game time is on the cards for him this season but I think he will claim an undisputed first 11 place in time.

Kulu is my tip to make it big this season. The front three already picks itself and I expect them to do some serious damage in 22/23. Kane and Son are playing the best football of their careers and it's the perfect stage for Kulu to really show us what he can do. If Eriksen comes back, I expect there will be a bit of rotation but I don't expect him to be a significant threat to Kulu's place in the team. Kulu is too good not to get game time.

Harvey White and Jamie Bowden.

Either of them. They may get minutes depending on Skipp's injury and there are 5 subs available.

I rate both of them.

At the start of last season I said Sessegnon. He's still got some convincing to do. He did OK playing the back end of last season but I'm not sure if that was because Doherty got injured.

Haven’t watched much of either, what’s re they like?
Left footed Centre mid.
Both with a far extensive range of passing than any of PEH, Bentancur, Skipp, Winks.

Bowden is the second coming of Carrick. He just does things at his own pace, comfortable with the both feet. One of those players who seems to have more time on the ball than anyone else on the pitch. That is a great asset to have.

Harvey played more AM this season. Left footed, good dead ball delivery. Has played CM previously. More like JWP but plays slightly higher up the pitch.

Similar to Skipp, both need to develop physically to be playing consistent first team football. Most likely they will go on loan for a season tbh. But if not they were on the bench numerous times last season so there is a small chance they can see minutes in Cup games. I also think they need to show more defensively, especially ball winning. But that will come with time.

Back
Top Bottom