Who at Spurs is treating fans with the most contempt?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need an owner that wants to funnel money into the club, if we want to actually be a club that befits our stadium. Levy is the longest serving chairman in the league, he is out of ideas and we are going nowhere. Lewis is happy just to sit on his initial investment to buy the club, which has prob made him a 10x return on paper.

While these two are at the top, everything is just tinkering. Occasionally, we'll get lucky with a good coach and a few signings that come good/youngsters that come through. But if you are happy with Lewis/Levy, then you have to be happy to just make up the numbers. That's what we have done for most of their 20 years in charge and that's where we currently are as a club.
If that's aimed at me, then can I remind you of this bit
"We all want every penny available to be poured into playerstransfers and salaries so we can compete"

If that's aimed at me, then can I remind you of this bit
"We all want every penny available to be poured into playerstransfers and salaries so we can compete"

It's aimed at anyone who is happy at the 20 year reality of Lewis/Levy. We have a billionaire owner who has a billion quids worth of art, instead of funelling that money into the club as Abramovich did. I prefer a rich owner that wants the club to do well, rather than his art portfolio.

Again, if you or anyone else is happy with how things are under Lewis/Levy, then you are happy with us as being also-rans, because that is the reality of having an owner that won't put his own dough in. Which is fine (if you are happy with us basically making up the numbers), that goes for a lot of football clubs. But I'm gutted we are also-rans and have fallen so far behind Chelsea, simply due to the fact that their owner put his money where his mouth is and ours hasn't.

Last edited:
It's aimed at anyone who is happy at the 20 year reality of Lewis/Levy. We have a billionaire owner who has a billion quids worth of art, instead of funelling that money into the club as Abramovich did. I prefer a rich owner that wants the club to do well, rather than his art portfolio.

Again, if you or anyone else is happy with how things are under Lewis/Levy, then you are happy with us as being also-rans, because that is the reality of having an owner that won't put his own dough in. Which is fine (if you are happy with us basically making up the numbers), that goes for a lot of football clubs. But I'm gutted we are also-rans and have fallen so far behind Chelsea, simply due to the fact that their owner put his money where his mouth is and ours hasn't.
and again (again Scottie boy) another burn Enic evangelist confuses issues and totally fails to understand what they are being told.

But to help

Abramovich got his money illegally and is rich off the back of natural resources, which in reality belong to the people of Russia. He didn't have to build up a fortune from a barrow like Lewis did. This is why Abramovich spends money he didn't earn like an Eskimo wastes snow. It also explains why Lewis who earned every penny he has - doesn't like frittering it away on a vanity project like running a football team - despite being a north London boy.

Lewis doesn't give a fuck about what we want - I don't defend his attitude, but I can understand it. He swings the biggest bat and ENIC - Levy do what he asks, because he's in charge.

I want him to spunk up his money on the club I have supported for 50+ years, I want to see them crush Chelsea into the dirt and wipe the stupid grins off their shitty supporters faces.

None of what we are, and where we are, trailing in Chelseas slipstream makes me happy - I want it to be different. I want football to be a level playing field.

But it isn't, and where we go in different directions, is that I have learned to accept the things that I can't change - because it means I don't set fire to my soul with bitterness and anger.

But understand - even if Lewis decides to gift his entire fortune to the club - Abramovich and the Sheikh can still piss on our chips.

No-one who is a true supporter likes where we are

and again (again Scottie boy) another burn Enic evangelist confuses issues and totally fails to understand what they are being told.

But to help

Abramovich got his money illegally and is rich off the back of natural resources, which in reality belong to the people of Russia. He didn't have to build up a fortune from a barrow like Lewis did. This is why Abramovich spends money he didn't earn like an Eskimo wastes snow. It also explains why Lewis who earned every penny he has - doesn't like frittering it away on a vanity project like running a football team - despite being a north London boy.

Lewis doesn't give a fuck about what we want - I don't defend his attitude, but I can understand it. He swings the biggest bat and ENIC - Levy do what he asks, because he's in charge.

I want him to spunk up his money on the club I have supported for 50+ years, I want to see them crush Chelsea into the dirt and wipe the stupid grins off their shitty supporters faces.

None of what we are, and where we are, trailing in Chelseas slipstream makes me happy - I want it to be different. I want football to be a level playing field.

But it isn't, and where we go in different directions, is that I have learned to accept the things that I can't change - because it means I don't set fire to my soul with bitterness and anger.

But understand - even if Lewis decides to gift his entire fortune to the club - Abramovich and the Sheikh can still piss on our chips.

Other than missing out the part where Abramovic is compelled to sports-wash his wealth (and may one day choose to call in the 1.7m debt he holds over them), I'd like to tag along with this post and say "Yep... Me too.".

👍

Other than missing out the part where Abramovic is compelled to sports-wash his wealth (and may one day choose to call in the 1.7m debt he holds over them), I'd like to tag along with this post and say "Yep... Me too.".

👍
People always say Abramovich ‘sports washes’ as if he needs to launder money. Is that actually true? He was essentially given Russia’s nationalised gas reserves. The whole deal was dodgy, but not from an international point of view. It’s internal domestic politics. The nature of his wealth is very clear.

I’ve always taken sports washing to mean an attempt to ‘legitimise’ wealth, in terms of the moral dimension. It’s not a criminal enterprise. So slightly dodgy regimes buy clubs to build their international standing.

In short, PR.

People always say Abramovich ‘sports washes’ as if he needs to launder money. Is that actually true? He was essentially given Russia’s nationalised gas reserves. The whole deal was dodgy, but not from an international point of view. It’s internal domestic politics. The nature of his wealth is very clear.

I’ve always taken sports washing to mean an attempt to ‘legitimise’ wealth, in terms of the moral dimension. It’s not a criminal enterprise. So slightly dodgy regimes buy clubs to build their international standing.

In short, PR.

He's very much driven to wrap it up in a big legitimate bulk asset in another country so that Putin can't come knocking and take it all back.....

Maybe there's a more appropriate phrase for it, but the sentiment isn't significantly far off.

He's very much driven to wrap it up in a big legitimate bulk asset in another country so that Putin can't come knocking and take it all back.....

Maybe there's a more appropriate phrase for it, but the sentiment isn't significantly far off.
Putin sanctioned his sequestration of state assets, why would he come after him?
Plus the money he has squandered on Chelsea he can burn without giving a shit

Putin sanctioned his sequestration of state assets, why would he come after him?

No honour amongst thieves etc.

If I'm Roman I wouldn't wanna fall out with him put it that way......

Plus the money he has squandered on Chelsea he can burn without giving a shit

Sure, easy come easy go (which is why there is a 'vanity' aspect to the project), but I'm sure he'd rather retain his wealth seeing as it's now been turned into a solid asset such as a globally renowned and successful football club.

Anyway, minor footnotes to your post which thoroughly reflects my outlook.

Last edited:

That's the crux of it. We have an owner who doesn't give a fuck about the fans and nobody likes where we are. But the people to blame are Levy/Lewis, so I don't see what is evangelical about wanting them both to fuck off.

Even if we are to be run on a budget, there has to be people out there who can do a better job on the football side than these two. Levy, in particular, has run his course. He's the longest serving chairman in the league and seems to compound bad decision upon bad decision the past few years, on the footballing side anyway.

And yet he remains chairman because Lewis doesn't care about the footballing side beyond being a Premier League club, with the rising tide of the Premier League brand making Spurs worth a fortune now, compared to his initial outlay to buy us.

That's the crux of it. We have an owner who doesn't give a fuck about the fans and nobody likes where we are. But the people to blame are Levy/Lewis, so I don't see what is evangelical about wanting them both to fuck off.

Even if we are to be run on a budget, there has to be people out there who can do a better job on the football side than these two. Levy, in particular, has run his course. He's the longest serving chairman in the league and seems to compound bad decision upon bad decision the past few years, on the footballing side anyway.

And yet he remains chairman because Lewis doesn't care about the footballing side beyond being a Premier League club, with the rising tide of the Premier League brand making Spurs worth a fortune now, compared to his initial outlay to buy us.
Lewis will continue to support levy on their journey to create a sports company earning loads of money they don't need to be successful because that isn't what is expected of them.

What's your point?
Apart from agreeing with what I have already said.

I appreciate this is a second string Wolves side, but one thing is very clear - when Kane is dropping deep, Gio, Dele and especially Bryan are making a point of bombing forward and stretching the play.

I appreciate this is a second string Wolves side, but one thing is very clear - when Kane is dropping deep, Gio, Dele and especially Bryan are making a point of bombing forward and stretching the play.
Problem is whenever we make a fast break, our only striker doesn't then have the legs to get up there and support. The more i see of him now the more I think 442 with another CF alongside him is probably the best system for Kane at this stage of his career. It's what a manager like Redknapp would do with him straight away.

He can play the Teddy Sheringham role no problem.

Back
Top Bottom