Who at Spurs is treating fans with the most contempt?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs fans have to play some of the highest ticket prices in the world to watch home games. Furthermore, merchandise and other associated costs are expensive too.

Many at Spurs are treating the fans with utter contempt. 3 sprang to my mind.

1. JOE LEWIS

Joe Lewis is one of the richest individuals in the world. Yet, in terms of money spent by Spurs as a proportion of revenue brought in (mostly from fans), we rank very low down compared to other PL teams:

2. HARRY KANE

This summer, the media focused on how is behaviour was a spat with Levy. Maybe so; but more importantly it was despicable behaviour towards the FANS.

They're the ones, many of whom are working class and poor, who spend their income on tickets and TV subscriptions so that Kane can earn £200K a week. He took that money and flew to Disneyland Florida when he was meant to be in training.
He has come back looking quite lethargic, and doesn't appear to be giving 100%. As our star player, this will also have a knock on impact on other players.

3. NDOMBELE

He didn't just cost the club £50M transfer fee, but is going to pocket around £60M in terms of wages during his whole contract.

Alasdair Gold reliably reported that Ndombele wanted to leave this summer because he thinks Spurs are below his level. Consecutive managers have not been happy with his attitude, and there have been matches where he can't be asked to press. If we hadn't bought Ndombele, our alternative would have been Bruno, who works his socks off for Man U.

Maybe Ndombele needs to realise that one of the reasons Spurs are no longer 'at his level' is because we can't control the midfield, a problem he's being paid handsomely to fix.

Drama Popcorn GIF by Alexander IRL

Nothing is forced upon you? It's not hotel california

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year
You can find it here
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the Captain,
"Please bring me my wine"
He said, "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise
Bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Spurs fans have to play some of the highest ticket prices in the world to watch home games. Furthermore, merchandise and other associated costs are expensive too.

Many at Spurs are treating the fans with utter contempt. 3 sprang to my mind.

1. JOE LEWIS

Joe Lewis is one of the richest individuals in the world.

Made me curious, so I looked him up......

RgV29V.png

Yet, in terms of money spent by Spurs as a proportion of revenue brought in (mostly from fans), we rank very low down compared to other PL teams:

Re: The article - Do you have current stats?

Those figures are from 2016-2019 i.e. The exact time frame we were part financing the stadium build and also a time where our revenues would have been up due to CL participation..... This distorts both sides of the equation; income and expenditure.

That % would have inevitably risen since (and in the preceding years before).

I am largely at peace with how we are run financially.... Furlough & Stratford and poor scouting have been my fundamental gripes.... Which are presumably more Levy than Lewis.

2. HARRY KANE

This summer, the media focused on how is behaviour was a spat with Levy. Maybe so; but more importantly it was despicable behaviour towards the FANS.

They're the ones, many of whom are working class and poor, who spend their income on tickets and TV subscriptions so that Kane can earn £200K a week. He took that money and flew to Disneyland Florida when he was meant to be in training.
He has come back looking quite lethargic, and doesn't appear to be giving 100%. As our star player, this will also have a knock on impact on other players.

3. NDOMBELE

He didn't just cost the club £50M transfer fee, but is going to pocket around £60M in terms of wages during his whole contract.

Alasdair Gold reliably reported that Ndombele wanted to leave this summer because he thinks Spurs are below his level. Consecutive managers have not been happy with his attitude, and there have been matches where he can't be asked to press. If we hadn't bought Ndombele, our alternative would have been Bruno, who works his socks off for Man U.

Maybe Ndombele needs to realise that one of the reasons Spurs are no longer 'at his level' is because we can't control the midfield, a problem he's being paid handsomely to fix.

All 3 have pissed me off in one shape or form, but I'm not sure feeling held in "contempt" quite fits for me.

Amen to the highlighted part about Ndombele though.

Meanwhile, my gripe with Harry is they way he went about everything, but so long as he gets his shit back together it'll be a case of forgiven but not forgotten.

Such a short list of options though.... Why no Poch, 'Arry, Eriksen, Danny Rose, Adebayor, Ghaly, Judas etc.? This thread could have been way more combustible otherwise..... :)

That bastard steward who so casually tossed my round of cheese & cucumber sandwiches in his wheelie bin. He will never be forgiven.

Get a grip. As bad as Woolwich Fan Tv
I think this is unfair actually.

My gripe with AFTV is that they start abusing those who are trying hard but aren't good enough.
So for example, I have doubts over Nuno, and think Lucas' finishing could be improved etc. but I would not insult them as they're both trying their best.

I think Kane & Ndombele's behaviour is different to that, because they didn't have a good attitude which is the least fans should expect when funding 200K per week wages.

Back
Top Bottom