Who do you think will be the next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

this is hogwash. Most of those players were here before Poch and did nothing and most are here after and are doing nothing. Everything that they are and everything their profile is now is due to Poch. Few of these players were or are anything without him. No one was saying any of these players were elite before Poch. They weren't elite recruits and they will not be elite transfers when they leave. Revisionist bullshit from you as always.

Similarly, Klopp has an elite team full of few elite players. The sum is greater than its parts just like with us for the Poch era. You don't understand this and it shows.

Kane, Son done nothing really? Lloris and Alderwield are now in their final stages of their career, that's what happens when players mature but Pochettinho had them in their prime. As for most still being here - Eriksen gone, Walker gone, Vertonghen gone, Dembele gone. So hardly most still here when 4 of that team are no longer at the club.

You Pochettinho fantasists do make me laugh it is like listening to someone claim Redknapp made Bale and Modric ( both did nothing before he arrived). If Pochettinho could turn average players into stars then tell me what happened with Janssen, Njie, GKN , Ndombele, Sanchez or host of other players that failed under him? He inherited a huge level of talent when he came to the club , much like Redknapp did when he walked in ( Modric, Bale, Lennon, King, Woodgate, Corluka ) and funnily enough he did absolutely nothing at QPR when didn’t have such talent available to him.

Prior to coming to us Pochettinho best achievement was 9th place with Southampton and was sacked by Espanyol bottom of the league with 2 wins in 13 and you have the balls to say it is me with the revisionist bullshit - you absolute spoon.

Yeah Liverpool don't have a team of elite players, no just arguably the best full backs in world football, arguably the best CB, one of the best keepers in the game and arguably the two best wing forwards. Yeah few elite players - jesus wept

Last edited:
He inherited a huge level of talent when he came to the club
Ye son, muh huge talent that was getting blasted at home by Liverpool and City 0-5, 0-6.
Yeah the players had ability to start with but they reached the ceilling through Pochettino’s methods and system.

Nuno. Get Top 4 in season 1. Sign lucrative long term deal. Finish 5th in season 2 on a tiny squad. Gets sacked at huge expense.

It’s the ciiircle of Spuuuurs....

The grim reality is that it simply doesn't matter who our next manager is.

We aren't winning a thing under ENIC and Levy. Not unless they drastically change their transfer/recruitment strategy.

After Al-Citeh's court win, FFP mean fuck all meaning the 'big boys' will buy the players they need to win trophies. Whilst Levy continues to hand his managers pocket change to tape over cracks.

But at least we have the best stadium/training facilities in the world. Levy's attitude is akin to spending £1m on a house then filling it full of wank furniture from a charity shop.

The same talent that got hammered 7-2 to Bayern, 5-1 to Newcastle, 4-1 to City, 3-0 nil to Brighton whilst he was manager.
3-0 to Brighton wasn’t any worse than 3-1 to Sheff Utd post-lockdown.

These defeats you’re talking about happened over 5 years of Pochettino management, in comparison we were getting bummed every season back before him.

We have ENIC pains and unless/until their vision expands we are staring at our new reality. The only problems is that the Poch era made us dream.

Mourinho usually gets more results in the 2 full seasons, 1st to build a team and the 2nd season to go for it
Usually he goes to clubs with big players, or older players that didnt won that much in the last years...so they are more sensible to go all the way with the coach.
Tottenham, has youngsters, awesome players, and players that were there just to make place...mourinho has is full 1st market to buy players. And here we are already discussing "who is going to be the next manager"
I bet Mourinho will try to do is best in the Premier League, but he knows even if he doesnt says it, that tottenham fights for the 4th or 5th place, not champion... the thing he will try to do, is the cups and Europa League, like he did @ Manchester, while trying to build up the team. You gave Poch 4 or 5 years, Mourinho does 1 game in a first season he starts, and ppl already want him out...

Mourinho usually gets more results in the 2 full seasons, 1st to build a team and the 2nd season to go for it
Usually he goes to clubs with big players, or older players that didnt won that much in the last years...so they are more sensible to go all the way with the coach.
Tottenham, has youngsters, awesome players, and players that were there just to make place...mourinho has is full 1st market to buy players. And here we are already discussing "who is going to be the next manager"
I bet Mourinho will try to do is best in the Premier League, but he knows even if he doesnt says it, that tottenham fights for the 4th or 5th place, not champion... the thing he will try to do, is the cups and Europa League, like he did @ Manchester, while trying to build up the team. You gave Poch 4 or 5 years, Mourinho does 1 game in a first season he starts, and ppl already want him out...
Mou started around the same time of year Klopp started when he came. There was an immediate and lasting effect on Liverpool. There has not been and our football was absolute shit on Sunday which was about the same as it was for last season. Folks said give him the preseason and it will be better. It wasn't. Mou's football is shit and always has been but he wins and that is his saving grace. Poch got years but never got players like Mou is getting until it was obviously too late. Mou doesn't get the grace period because he's on 15M, has a track record to win immediately, and said the squad was strong enough to begin with.

And it's very reasonable to be looking for Mou's replacement because he never last anywhere and in his last 2 jobs hasn't lasted 3 years. Do you think we should be expecting a Ferguson type tenure from him now? that would be ludicrous to expect.

See? Simple.

And I ask you this, why weren't you piping up with these question prior to today? Bet you realized they wouldn't go over very well after that soft-boiled shit he served up on Sunday.

Mou started around the same time of year Klopp started when he came. There was an immediate and lasting effect on Liverpool. There has not been and our football was absolute shit on Sunday which was about the same as it was for last season. Folks said give him the preseason and it will be better. It wasn't. Mou's football is shit and always has been but he wins and that is his saving grace. Poch got years but never got players like Mou is getting until it was obviously too late. Mou doesn't get the grace period because he's on 15M, has a track record to win immediately, and said the squad was strong enough to begin with.

And it's very reasonable to be looking for Mou's replacement because he never last anywhere and in his last 2 jobs hasn't lasted 3 years. Do you think we should be expecting a Ferguson type tenure from him now? that would be ludicrous to expect.

See? Simple.

And I ask you this, why weren't you piping up with these question prior to today? Bet you realized they wouldn't go over very well after that soft-boiled shit he served up on Sunday.

So, I will answer first, the last question...my access to internet as a hobby is kinda limited, mainly because sometimes i work 12 hours a day and when i come home, i want to eat and sleep ( i saw the game against everton last night at 2 am....)

You want to compare Klopp with Mourinho when they arrived...
ok lets go....

On Thursday 8 October 2015, Liverpool announced Klopp as Brendan Rodgers' replacement at Anfield.
Since then, Liverpool spent; 435,750,000 £
At the end of the 2015/2016 season Liverpool was eighth in the table.
Season 16/17 - Liverpool 4th in the table
Season 17/18 - Liverpool 4th in the table
Season 18/19 - Liverpool 2nd in the table and won the Champions League and the European Super Cup by then Liverpool had already spent 412,350,000 £
Season 19/20 Liverpool 1st in the Premier League.

So, they played good football nice, did they won something between 15\16 & 18\19 ? No they didnt... how much did they spent ? 400 plus million pounds...playing good football makes you happy even if you dont won anything ? then Poch was the right gaffer for you...

Now Mourinho....

Mourinho signed with Tottenham : 20 november 2019

He then signed 2 players, Gerson loaned and Steve Bergwijn for almost 30 million pounds.
Tottenham finished 6th. (dont forget what was in the middle of that)
The season now finished

Tottenham bought 2 players till now, Tottenham spent 30 millions in 2 players. Played one match
Mourinho didnt even had time to make is own team....has nothing to show, besides getting to 6th place when tottenham was 14th when he arrived....

Its not the most attractive football in the world ? well....He finished 1 place higher then the Magic Klopp at Liverpool...

So you say Pochettino had years but didnt had players like Mourinho...

Mauricio Pochettino was appointed as Tottenham manager back in 2014.

14\15: 5th
15\16: 3th
16\17: 2nd
17\18: 3rd
18\19: 4th and champions league final and fired at the middle of the season when he was 14th

talking about players.....
Pochettino bought 24 players in the time he spent @ Tottenham
If we talk about money, he spent the amount of: 378,920,500 £

So he didnt had the players Mourinho is having you say ? Ok.
Mourinho has a loan and 3 players so far... what did Pochettino won while he was here with is awesome football? "he made us dream"

Is it really reasonable, to look for a Mourinho replacement now ? NO!!!
Will he be the Fergunson of Tottenham? Maybe not. He usually stays 2\3 years wherever he goes.... thats true. He as been at Tottenham since end of November last year and you find acceptable to search for a replacement ??? Then i have to ask you if you like Mourinho ? Did you aggree with the departure of Pochettion ? You dont need to answer, i think i know the answer to those 2 questions

Regarding the last and 1st and only game of the new season... they played like shit...
And somehow they still managed to have the best goal chances of the game, and they kinda died right after everton´s goal....i can talk about the game if you want...but it will be a long post also, if u want it just let me know....

3-0 to Brighton wasn’t any worse than 3-1 to Sheff Utd post-lockdown.

These defeats you’re talking about happened over 5 years of Pochettino management, in comparison we were getting bummed every season back before him.
Im not getting into this manager bollocks but the games were completely different

Against Sheffield United we were blunt up front but controlled big parts of the game, against Brighton we were dominated from first minute til last

Kane, Son done nothing really? Lloris and Alderwield are now in their final stages of their career, that's what happens when players mature but Pochettinho had them in their prime. As for most still being here - Eriksen gone, Walker gone, Vertonghen gone, Dembele gone. So hardly most still here when 4 of that team are no longer at the club.

You Pochettinho fantasists do make me laugh it is like listening to someone claim Redknapp made Bale and Modric ( both did nothing before he arrived). If Pochettinho could turn average players into stars then tell me what happened with Janssen, Njie, GKN , Ndombele, Sanchez or host of other players that failed under him? He inherited a huge level of talent when he came to the club , much like Redknapp did when he walked in ( Modric, Bale, Lennon, King, Woodgate, Corluka ) and funnily enough he did absolutely nothing at QPR when didn’t have such talent available to him.

Prior to coming to us Pochettinho best achievement was 9th place with Southampton and was sacked by Espanyol bottom of the league with 2 wins in 13 and you have the balls to say it is me with the revisionist bullshit - you absolute spoon.

Yeah Liverpool don't have a team of elite players, no just arguably the best full backs in world football, arguably the best CB, one of the best keepers in the game and arguably the two best wing forwards. Yeah few elite players - jesus wept
I love the fake spin that we should thank Poch for Kane, posted this about 10 times, but they think by ignoring it, it becomes not true:

"If Tim hadn't given me the chance, I might not be where I am now. It is about a manager having faith in you, giving me that trust on that big stage. I know it's tough nowadays because there's so much scrutiny on managers and so much pressure.“

as17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom