Who is Jahm Najafi and will he be better than Enic?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like the ball is now in our court. These are the PSG owners and not the ‘’other’’ company looking to buy United.

Not sure we want Qatari money if they are full owners of UTD. Massive conflict of interests.

Not that being owned by ENIC is inspiring but the premier league is one of, if not the best property in sport because it's unpredictable. When you see the owners coming into the dinosaur giants like UTD, it's unlikely to stay unpredictable for long.

Not sure we want Qatari money if they are full owners of UTD. Massive conflict of interests.

Not that being owned by ENIC is inspiring but the premier league is one of, if not the best property in sport because it's unpredictable. When you see the owners coming into the dinosaur giants like UTD, it's unlikely to stay unpredictable for long.

Why would it a conflict of interest, QSI and QIA are two separate companies

.....And I just imagined the bit where you posted these very words:

"American owners like the chavs.... who are very much sugar daddy’s"

????

(........Just don't get why you responded to me in the way you did, but tbh, at this point; c'est la vie.)

Well, nationality by itself doesn't matter in the slightest to me either.
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you . He’s the head of the consortium, we all know they have other people involved . It’s how the media portray it “ American owners “ as he’s the main guy publicly

Jesus Christ what is wrong with you . He’s the head of the consortium, we all know they have other people involved . It’s how the media portray it “ American owners “ as he’s the main guy publicly

Absolutely nothing, thanks.

You seem to be doing an epic job of running somewhere weird with this though.

You claimed Boehly was a sugar daddy...... He clearly isn't. I explained why. Pretty basic contradiction scenario....

No idea why you've got yourself tangled up in all this other crap.

The club is attractive for non-football reasons. A cool stadium & a player who brings in the tourists. Not because we play attractive football, or look close to winning anything, or achieving anything tangible in the game at all.

You can feel free to credit Levy for turning us in to a club where the actual football is 2nd or 3rd on the list of reasons we bring in punters, but I'll refrain .
The context was that the person I replied to was saying we only have money to spend because the fans buy tickets and they’d stop buying tickets if we carried on like this (simplifying). But I pointed out the number of people who want to buy tickets has increased over time so the fear is unwarranted.

95% of clubs don’t achieve anything tangible if all that means is trophies. 3 clubs have won nearly all the trophies for 15 years. Football is a pretty meaningless pursuit if that’s the stance you take.

Absolutely nothing, thanks.

You seem to be doing an epic job of running somewhere weird with this though.

You claimed Boehly was a sugar daddy...... He clearly isn't. I explained why. Pretty basic contradiction scenario....

No idea why you've got yourself tangled up in all this other crap.
Your first interjection was “ boehly” had ( unproven ) middle eastern cash input …. , I cut you some slack as I know how much you try to prove a point regardless how much bobbins it is

I pointed out that the co founder of the main company is Iranian but a bloody American citizen and has been for decades , he lives there & considers himself American . I’s this your “ middle eastern link?? That the flimsy link?

The middle eastern link in the deal ( which will not happen due to the septic dwarf ) is a clearly stated 30% ownership

We could be bought by BP or the King himself & someone would find a link to money coming from elsewhere . The Chelsea deal is majority American

Enic have money flying in from all over the globe , be it the Caribbean, the uk or Argentina . One thing we do know however that none of that money is flying back out in the team’s direction

I like you Fixx but sometimes you have verbal Diarrhoea

Your first interjection was “ boehly” had ( unproven ) middle eastern cash input …. , I cut you some slack as I know how much you try to prove a point regardless how much bobbins it is

I pointed out that the co founder of the main company is Iranian but a bloody American citizen and has been for decades , he lives there & considers himself American . I’s this your “ middle eastern link?? That the flimsy link?

The middle eastern link in the deal ( which will not happen due to the septic dwarf ) is a clearly stated 30% ownership

We could be bought by BP or the King himself & someone would find a link to money coming from elsewhere . The Chelsea deal is majority American

Enic have money flying in from all over the globe , be it the Caribbean, the uk or Argentina . One thing we do know however that none of that money is flying back out in the team’s direction

I like you Fixx but sometimes you have verbal Diarrhoea

Firstly; I like you too Furry, but there's fuck all worthy of you getting prickly going on here (much like there was no genuine cause for the accusatory tone of your original reply).

......With the greatest respect; fuck knows what this latest ramble is about, but it's clearly oblivious to the only point of contention i had with your OG post (i.e. that Boehly was a sugar-daddy model!).

...............I have no deeper point to try and "prove" nor anything more I've saught to establish.

Do you ever wake up and wonder what on earth you're doing caring about a bunch of strangers playing football?

I had this realisation during COVID. Lived perfectly well without going to / watching Spurs play football. Panicked about how easily life changed on me.

But wrote down a figure of how much I wanted to put in the bank each month and a tick list of things I wanted to do/see/achieve.

Football was getting in the way of most of them.

So I changed my life. Would say football was the most dominant thing in my life till about 40. Watching, playing coaching. Often 7 days a week = football. Not any more. And life’s good.

Still waste time on here though. But more of a social thing.
Nice to be able to go to the occasional game feeling part of this band of brothers. And sisters.

Surely doing nothing isnt a serious option? They need to do something because the team still needs an overhaul and we arent selling anyone for any decent money, outside of Kane.

The fact that Joe Lewis has taken the club out of his ownership and placed it in a Trust tells me the do nothing option isn't happening. Why do that if you're not looking at making some sort of change.

I mean though, we wouldn't put it past them to procrastinate and do nothing like with transfers, but this is their own money, not the club's, so they will be thinking of best how to maximise their returns.

I suspect what is happening is Lewis wants to sell, Levy doesn't and that is why there are so many stories and guessing games going on in the media. Plus of course there is the Man U angle, which seems far from straight forward too and probably complicating things. They are probably waiting for that to be sorted before doing anything as it will impact on their valuation (and others) either way.

The fact that Joe Lewis has taken the club out of his ownership and placed it in a Trust tells me the do nothing option isn't happening. Why do that if you're not looking at making some sort of change.

I mean though, we wouldn't put it past them to procrastinate and do nothing like with transfers, but this is their own money, not the club's, so they will be thinking of best how to maximise their returns.

I suspect what is happening is Lewis wants to sell, Levy doesn't and that is why there are so many stories and guessing games going on in the media. Plus of course there is the Man U angle, which seems far from straight forward too and probably complicating things. They are probably waiting for that to be sorted before doing anything as it will impact on their valuation (and others) either way.

To me, that article I posted reads as “make us an offer we can’t refuse, then we’ll make a decision”

Given the share-holding % at ENIC; I struggle to see how Levy holds too much sway over the final decision.

I think what's clouding people expectations of time-frames too is that Chavs deal; which of course was subjected to time-contraints by the government sanctions in place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom