Who is your favourite Spurs player of all time?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I saw my first Spurs game way back in 1969, so I've seen a hell of a lot of players wear the glorious lilywhite shirt.

I've been so fortunate to see some truly great players in the shirt, many of whom are all time greats at this, and other clubs.

My favourite out of all of these is not the greatest player to have worn the shirt, but for me he was the epitomy of what Tottenham Hotspur FC means. Someone who gave everything in every game that he appeared in, played in a number of positions throughout his carrer with us and encouraged others to give everything too.

My favourite Spurs player of all time is Steve Perryman. The man is Mr Tottenham to me.

I can't look past Ledley king :ledley:
Epitomises Spurs, conducts himself very well, likeable, knowledgable, the ability to be among the best in the world but injury has stopped the rest of the world from noticing, and in a way I am forever grateful for that.

Ledley King and Pav for me!
Ledley is everything that is Spurs & Pav was a cheeky chappy.

This is really tough. Perryman from the OP is a proper good shout, you just know his blood is lilywhite and blue and nothing else will ever come close.

Hoddle has to be in there for the sheer grace and ease with which he played, which was the definition of Spurs, stylish footballer who oozed Tottenham.

Going back before my time, I'd have loved to have seen Greaves - strikers like that come along once in a lifetime.

Plenty of players since I've been a fan just sort of come and go (the Lineker/Gascoigne/Ginola/Klinsmann type). All brilliant and have a place in their heart forever Spurs but they're not what I would classify as true yids (capital T, capital Y - apologies if the 'Y'-word offends). Which just leaves Ledley, a modern-day legend.

That doesn't really say who my favourite is because I can't pick just one.

In my watching as a kid days: Hoddle, Ardiles, Perryman.

Since I've been going: Daveeeeeed, King, Mabbut.

Now, probably Rafa, for his commitment and down-to-earth-ness.

From before my birth, Blanchflower, Mackay, Jones, White then later Gilzean and Greaves.

Probably overall Daveed because back when we were pretty mediocre, he'd get you excited as soon as he picked up the ball.

Ginola. The typical Spurs player, barely tackled anyone but won games on his own. I like players who excite me and he certainly did that (in a non-g@y way, even though he is a pretty chap)

Back
Top Bottom