Who is your favourite Spurs player of all time?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

030308_Teddy.jpg

Purely because he was the first of the great players at the club that I actually saw play when I started to support Spurs back in 1996.

Blimey, when you think about it, there are plenty...

Having started watching us (live) in 1981, I'll go for Hoddle (as my '80s/all-time) and add Mabbutt for my '80s-'90s bridging gap... then probably Ginola for the '90s and King as my '90s-'00s bridging gap... of the Current team, has to be Rafa... the boy oozes class.

I've just realised, I clearly have a 'type'!!!

Surprised Waddle doesn't get more of a shout, so naturally gifted.

Although for me its Hoddle all day long.

This is a very difficult question. Mabbutt was and is such a fantastic ambassador for the Club and an underrated player.

Ginola, Waddle, Hoddle, Gascoigne, Teddy and Klinsmann, Rafa are all associated with what a brilliant ethos the club has had and maintained. Each of them are ranked as players I will always love.

Ledley King - I wonder if we would still have him but for his injuries. Such an exemplary player. Imperious and devastatingly quick prior to injury....imperious and tremendously inspirational after...

I always loved Erik Thorstvedt

But my favourite Spurs player of all time, strangely is Paul Robinson - I loved the rapport with the crowd, how he always loves coming back to the Lane and despite going off the boil was an excellent goalkeeper.

It isn't Rohan Ricketts.

Back
Top Bottom