Who Should Replace Old Jug Ears on MOTD?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who Do you want to Replace Lineker?

• Total voters
I guess one thing, thinking more seriously, is that commentary / punditry would be beneficial for those with visual impairments (like my dad).

Not surprised disagrees. Disgusting. By all means have your preferences but one still has to think about accessibility.

Mampi clearly doesn’t give a toss about the visually impaired. Oh well, there are bad elements in all walks of society.

I guess one thing, thinking more seriously, is that commentary / punditry would be beneficial for those with visual impairments (like my dad).
Not surprised disagrees. Disgusting. By all means have your preferences but one still has to think about accessibility.

Mampi clearly doesn’t give a toss about the visually impaired. Oh well, there are bad elements in all walks of society.
It's not audio description.

There are accessibility options for people with visual impairments.

Though I don't think there's anything suitable for your impairments other than sticking a fork in the plug socket.

It's not audio description.

There are accessibility options for people with visual impairments.

Though I don't think there's anything suitable for your impairments other than sticking a fork in the plug socket.

Bin vote cast. I’m not having anyone implying I should kill myself and get away with it.

Blocked.

Last edited:
Has he tried the radio?

I'm of course joking. There would always be some form audio available I'm sure. We just don't need Lineker etc al.

You mean you don't?

Absolutely entitled to your opinion but I disagree. No biggie. We all have our own prefs. Feels like a moot point though because I don't see MOTD changing format, even if the hosts/pundits change.

Being a bunch of rabid, hapless, clueless Tories, the BBC Executive will "announce an enquiry" - just wait & see. It's only a matter of time. At the same time they'll unsuspend Lineker and hope the story dies.

In other news, I see Tory Tim Davies, DG of the BBC has said "I'm not resigning". Now where have we heard that before? Could it be every other skanky, brainless Tory who's got themselves into shit over the past sorry 13 years? It's a very, very long list, Gary.

Now to go and watch MOTD - Morning all :)

As long as it's not Alex Scott. The female equivalent of gabby agbonlahor.
So stupid and knows fuck all.
I would go for Gabby Logan, a real sports presenter who has a decent amount of football knowledge, isn't patronising or stupid (see Alex Scott)
Doubt if she would do it, she is probably on the luvvie solidarity side of the discussion.

Crowd noise only doesn't work on telly apart from in a pub maybe. Even more so when it's a highlights programme.

Especially when crowds make less and less noise these days.

It’s just all so tedious.

Linekar’s utterly banal sixth form inanities. The BBC’s misguided bungling; just leave him on air. The ‘I’m Spartacus’ solidarity when it’s easy from all the other commentators (where was this enthusiasm to stand down during Qatar?). The boring Twitter howls. The Daily Mail bullshit bloviating.
Thanks - just learned a new, important verb - 'to bloviate'.

There is one person who isn't on the list but has experience presenting programmes on TV and has an interest in football.

Frank Skinner.

He would get my vote.

Not with Baddiel though.

Back
Top Bottom