why football should take rugby measures in its approach.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CallumETC said:
Not 1 Challenge per half, look at Stoke-Spurs earlier in season, we needed at least 4 Challenges in that game for fucks sake. 1 is not enough.
But if each correct challenge doesn't come off of your total challenges then it wouldn't matter because they'd all be correct.

I think 2 would be fair, I could see it being harsh if you incorrectly call one, and then don't have a challenge when something genuinely goes against you.

But for the record, I can't see this ever being introduced (despite it being a very good and viable idea).

What leagues have this? You see the coverage in the championship? Tv is crazy. Are all top flight Italian games with a tv, let alone poorer countries.

For me one of the beauties of the game is it is in essences the same every where. You risk taking the game away from the common man

Reptile_16 said:
coalhada said:
Cech denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. Adebayor's.

Not according to FIFA, I refer you to their document "Interpretation of the Laws of the Game - Law 12", which says:

"If the referee applies advantage during an obvious goalscoring opportunity and a goal is scored directly, despite the opponent’s handling the ball or fouling an opponent, the player cannot be sent off but he may still be cautioned."

...so with the ball breaking to the other attacking player in attendance who slots the ball home for a easy goal... Advantage played. Goal. No red card. Yellow, maybe...

coalhada said:
Secondly, clattering someone because you're 2 on 1 is violent conduct.

...except it wasn't. Violent conduct is defined in the FIFA document linked above thus:

"A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball.

He is also guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against a team-mate, spectator, match offi cial or any other person."

In every rule you cited you missed out the key part: "If the referee's opinion......"

Back
Top Bottom