Why Newcastle have something to play for..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I respect the optimism Jamie but just for the record...

Mike Ashley is not a Spurs fan. As for Pardew, he has 7 years left on his contract.

I'd rather be optimistic about us getting 72 points than put all my bets on Newcastle tomorrow. The only way I see Woolwich slipping up is if their chef believes in karma.

Happy about that?

Mike Ashley's £1 million pound incentive might be another reason they have something to play for :)

Don't want to see Steve Harper charging up for a corner in the last minute for the win if its 0-0 in the last minute though!

Er, why the hell has he offered non playing staff a million quid if the playing staff win this game?

That seems mad.

Either you want to give them a fat wad of cash or you don't. I suppose some people will see it as he wants to incentivise the team through guilt, some will see it as he is quietly confident they aren't going to win - maybe even knows it, if you're into conspiracy theories.

Really though it just looks like he's playing games with people. If you think they deserve a bonus how can you then say you'll give them one but only if another group of human beings manages to beat a superior team in a match with no consequences on the season. Ashley is a twat.

I always thought he was a Spurs fan. So do geordie mates of mine. I guess that pretty much quashes that.

As far as the bonus to non-playing staff goes, he might as well kit them out. They might play better than how the supposed players have lately.

For what it's worth, Ashley is a big Chelski fan. Doesn't have much time for the scum either

Where the misunderstanding has happened was with the press a couple of years back constantly showing him alongside his good mate and drinking partner Kemsley, who is Spurs through and through.

EDIT: Found that out yesterday from Spurs in Belgium Spurs in Belgium

Back
Top Bottom