Why not another Yankee?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, anyone would be in the pocket of Kompany... the entire team is incredible, could very well make it to the finals in Brazil. I talk about Jozy because he is beefcake and would fill out a Spurs shirt, but the rest is hyperbole. I would like to see him at a bigger club, and I think he can play at a higher level...mid-table till proven otherwise.
AMERICANS DON’T RETREAT!

AMERICANS DON’T RETREAT!

Nope. That is correct. We press up on the joystick.

images

To be fair, anyone would be in the pocket of Kompany... the entire team is incredible, could very well make it to the finals in Brazil. I talk about Jozy because he is beefcake and would fill out a Spurs shirt, but the rest is hyperbole. I would like to see him at a bigger club, and I think he can play at a higher level...mid-table till proven otherwise.

fair enough , Kompany isn't your average defender thats true.

but we are not getting into the finals , we have a good team and a good balance but are vulnerable on the back positions (yes even with Super Jan at LB) and play a very conservative Mourinho style football. But as we have been losing for years in a row its nice to win some games and maybe go to a WC

I thought Rachael Yankey/e had signed up to spurs ladies, and someone couldn't spell her surname.

Then I realised it wouldn't have been in the 'football' thread, but somewhere in 'off topic'. :baletroll:

4 dislikes on his post? For real? None of you can say he wouldn't for sure be an upgrade at that position. He's not my choice for striker by any means, but y'all really think you're experts don't you?

None of you can say he wouldn't for sure be an upgrade at that position.

He would NOT be an upgrade to ANY part of our team.

There, I said it.

He is an average player, playing at a mid level club in an average league. Yes he has got a hatful of goals this season in the Eredevisie, goals in one environment does not always translate to another. Look at Dempsey 17 goals for Fulham, their top goalscorer. 7 for us, in a better team with better service.

There is a big difference between being good for a average team and being good for a top team.

Would Billy McKay or Leigh Griffiths or Alfred Finnbogasson be good enough for us? They scored as many goals as Jozy this season.

4 dislikes on his post? For real? None of you can say he wouldn't for sure be an upgrade at that position. He's not my choice for striker by any means, but y'all really think you're experts don't you?

He's suggesting we buy a player purely because the player is American. Fuck sake, we get it, some of the American fans think we should sign every available American player. Why are you so annoyed at people disliking his post, saying people think they are experts? Is it because you genuinely think Altidore is all that, or because of the American thing?

The thread title itself says it all. Why not another Yankee, as if it doesn't matter what the player is like, the main thing is to sign him because of where he's from. That's what people take a dislike to, I would think.

He's suggesting we buy a player purely because the player is American. Fuck sake, we get it, some of the American fans think we should sign every available American player. Why are you so annoyed at people disliking his post, saying people think they are experts? Is it because you genuinely think Altidore is all that, or because of the American thing?

The thread title itself says it all. Why not another Yankee, as if it doesn't matter what the player is like, the main thing is to sign him because of where he's from. That's what people take a dislike to, I would think.
I didn't interpret it as signing him just because he's American. And I guess I was responding to all the other Altidore posts.

He would NOT be an upgrade to ANY part of our team.

There, I said it.

He is an average player, playing at a mid level club in an average league. Yes he has got a hatful of goals this season in the Eredevisie, goals in one environment does not always translate to another. Look at Dempsey 17 goals for Fulham, their top goalscorer. 7 for us, in a better team with better service.
You don't think there's any chance that he could do better than Adebayor or Defoe did this year? Seriously? Dempsey was Fullham's main attacking option he was our 4th. That's just silly, Tucker

You don't think there's any chance that he could do better than Adebayor or Defoe did this year? Seriously? Dempsey was Fullham's main attacking option he was our 4th. That's just silly, Tucker

That's the point, he's playing in a team where he is the main attacking threat. Adebayor and Defoe are both better players than him. You are basing your assessment of this on a season where they underperformed and he arguably over performed. He's not good enough, and there are better options available.

I know I'm ESL and all, but I read the title as "we already have Friedel and Dempsey, so why not another American, specifically this guy Altidore?"

Back
Top Bottom