Wig On @ home

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Us"? So now, despite this thread being full of how fucking shit some of our support is, when it comes to Harry's comment you see Spurs fans as one unit. I dont, Im disgusted by some of our support.

This thread is about the Wigan match. My post wasn't related to Harry's comment or everyone else's posts in this thread. Yes, I see Spurs fans as one unit. One unit in the San Siro, one unit at United/Fulham away, one unit that came together for Muamba, one unit at Wigan at home. What's the point in creating further divisions amongst our own?

Some of our fans that abuse our team are the same that have invested heavily during the shit times and sang loudest as well, some of them are not - it really doesn't matter to me. I personally don't think it helps, but each to their own. I'm not in any "Redknapp is a wanker brigade" or "our fans are shit brigade" which is what my post was referring to.

I disagreed with Arry, but I still wanted him to learn from mistakes and do well for Tottenham and be a better Tottenham manager. I'll disagree with AVB too. The manager, the team and the fans as a collective unit didn't turn up yesterday for a variety of reasons. That doesn't mean I want AVB out, our team out, our fans out, or think our club is shit etc. - but even if it did, we can put any differences aside and still come together and support Tottenham for 90 minutes.

I just want everyone to learn from this experience and react positively as opposed to having a go at each-other. I think we will on Thursday night. We can sing for the shirt from the beginning so we aren't left wondering what would have happened if we had a better atmosphere and energy from the start... if you don't want to do that then fine. But I recommend our support as a collective to try it out and see if it helps the performance of the team.

I think people need to have the mental ability to seperate discussions on the internet from supporting the manager and lads for 90 minutes inside WHL.

It is not a crime to have a different opinion. I think the core of what is really being discussed here is not so much that fans be this big great unfied army of agreement, which is absolutely and totally unrealistic, but rather that when the time calls for it, namely when we are at a match, we come together to get behind the team, irrespective of whether or not we have individual opinions on the management, et al.

I don't get this blurring of discussions outside of game time, in terms of stuff that's posted on the internet, said in pubs, and so on, with the actual match support.

Try and get the train to Northumberland Park or White Hart Lane as they're much closer. Seven Sisters is about a 30min walk to the ground. Get at least 2 hours before kick off if you want to look around the shop and go the the pub. None of the pubs are nice, but Bell & Hare, Bricklayers or Bill Nicholson you might find some people here in.

1.) I will be staying in Stevenage so was planning on getting the train down on match day, planning on getting off at Seven Sisters, this the best thing to do?

Hertfordshire La La La!
Get the train from Stevenage -> Finsbury Park -> Seven Sisters (tube) -> White Hart Lane. £12 for a return if you have a travelcard.

2.) How early do you reckon I need to be arriving if I want to have a look around and soak up the atmosphere a bit, planning on having a good look in the Spurs shop too.

Get there about 90 minutes before kick off, look in the spurs store for 30 minutes, drink/get a kebab before hand!

3.) Any nice pubs near the ground to have a drink in before the match?

I'd go to the Bricklayers Arms or Pride of Tottenham.

4.) What is it like after the game, how long does it take to get out of there and back to the train station?

To get the train from WHL you will have to stand in a bastard long queue that trails down the road. You'll be queuing for about 20 minutes

That's my trip to the lane

Train: Stevenage - Finsbury Park
Tube: Finsbury Park - Seven Sisters
Train: Seven Sisters - White Hart Lane
Walk out of White Hart Lane Station
Turn right to the High Road, then at the traffic lights turn left to the Brickies.

Get pissed, shout, sing, watch some football. JOB DONE!!

tumblr_mc7n5sibRj1rrc78e.gif

Starting that same XI over and over feels a bit Harryesque. Surely Adebayor needs to get some time on the pitch now? It's ten games in! I'd really like to see Lloris today aswell.

Oh, well. COYS! :avbscream:

OPTA STATS!! Clint Dempsey has scored six goals against Wigan, more than versus any other opponent in his Premier League career.

We need someone in the middle who will actually move into space when it's there. Huddlestone, Sigurdsson and Dempsey just stand and pass it sideways. We're not going to open Wigan up if something doesn't change.

Back
Top Bottom