Will lower expectations for the season help us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i think finishing outside of the top 4 would be a disappointment

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

No expectations but mid table .
I think a few hopeful signings may appease the middle ground but when the season descends to mediocrity then it will get toxic .
At the moment a reserve goalkeeper, a young gifted Spanish lad will have little impact on the first 11 which needs serious surgery.
We all live in hope but it don't look good.

No high expectations, even if we get all the players we're after the new manager still as to make them gel into a team.

No expectations but mid table .
I think a few hopeful signings may appease the middle ground but when the season descends to mediocrity then it will get toxic .
At the moment a reserve goalkeeper, a young gifted Spanish lad will have little impact on the first 11 which needs serious surgery.
We all live in hope but it don't look good.
I think it all hinges on getting at least one decent centre back. Skipp is a very exciting midfield prospect and has the pace Ndombele lacks. I say play them in a midfield 3 with PEH with Moura, Kane and Son as the front 3. Gil is someone who will need to be introduced into the first team gradually but he, Bergwijn and Alli will get their chances as injuries and suspensions crop up.

Lower fan expectations might help us enjoy it a bit more, maybe some teams will underestimate us because, well, shambles, obviously, but I think it'll be toxic in the ground this season if I'm honest, and that really won't help us.

Some good signings will go a long way but the outlook does not look great there, much as I'm happy to see us buying promising youth again, I think if there aren't a number of very good signings soon and a good start for Nuno it'll be grim.

I dread to think what it'll be like in there if Kane goes, at least it'll turn really nasty for Levy as a silver lining.

I'm forever an optimistic pessimist, and when I have my logical head on, I'm not expecting much this season. However, once the games actually start, hope kicks in that this is the season we will achieve something - that will probably last for about 15 minutes!

Haha, same here, I've never had expectations in the past and it's never done us any good ! :pochrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom