***** Wolverhampton Wanderers v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC*********

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do not want Eddie Howe. Our defense would be worse than it was at the end under Poch if we had him.
Not saying that would be my pick, but that is very much a thing levy would do, and some time away from the game i am sure will of done him good.

As i sidenote, liverpool paid 80 odd million for the van, cause they were conceding goals for fun, 2 plus years later, the van is sidelined and their defence is ok, not good or great. Funny that.

Not saying that would be my pick, but that is very much a thing levy would do, and some time away from the game i am sure will of done him good.

As i sidenote, liverpool paid 80 odd million for the van, cause they were conceding goals for fun, 2 plus years later, the van is sidelined and their defence is ok, not good or great. Funny that.
If we are not in the Champions League next season, I'd be happy to move on from Jose as long as we also start moving on from the main players who have not improved and who continue to make mistakes. I'm thinking Winks, Dier, Sanchez, and Davies. I'm a fan of them and like them but I think it would be best for them and us if we split.

Start giving Skipp, Tanganga, Rodon, Cirkin their minutes, and develop them to see what we have.

Their defence doesn’t look ok to me!
Shaky as fuck and Fulham were unlucky

:parker:

If we are not in the Champions League next season, I'd be happy to move on from Jose as long as we also start moving on from the main players who have not improved and who continue to make mistakes. I'm thinking Winks, Dier, Sanchez, and Davies. I'm a fan of them and like them but I think it would be best for them and us if we split.

Start giving Skipp, Tanganga, Rodon, Cirkin their minutes, and develop them to see what we have.
I agree that we should recall Skipp if that’s what you’re trying to say

I agree that we should recall Skipp if that’s what you’re trying to say
I was referring to next season. If we sell Winks in January then I'm all for recalling Skipp. I was just saying if we do not finish top 4 or win Europa, we should sack Jose and sell some deadweight to bring in the younger guys.

I was referring to next season. If we sell Winks in January then I'm all for recalling Skipp. I was just saying if we do not finish top 4 or win Europa, we should sack Jose and sell some deadweight to bring in the younger guys.
Not discussing Jose but it would appear that Skippy doing well so maybe should be recalled as our midfield needs his injection as he’s preferable to Winks

I am sure all of us would put up with watching this turgid brand of football if it won us the premier league.But it won’t.
In the last 53 years we have won the sum total of three FA Cups,two UEFA Cups ( and none for 29years) and four League Cups.
If the likes of myself,Nutter Naylor,Mrs P. and many others had been in it for the medals we would have given up years ago.
We are Greaves and Blanchflower,Peters and Gilzean,Archibald and Crooks,Ardiles,Hoddle,Perryman,Waddle and Clive Allen.Gazza,Klinnsman,Ginola,Mabbut.Ledley King,Bale,Van Der Vart,Kane,Son and so many,many more.
Jose and his ‘style’ of play are an affront to our heritage and traditions.I don’t imagine I will be shedding many tears when he departs.
Wishing everyone a happy,healthy New Year.

Not discussing Jose but it would appear that Skippy doing well so maybe should be recalled as our midfield needs his injection as he’s preferable to Winks
If we are able to move Winks on to make a spot in the squad. If we sell Dele, Skipp could fill in for him but I'd still like a creative midfielder.

Ideally, move on Winks and Dele bring in Skipp and buy one more.

No. I was responding to what you said.

:mourshock:
My post was in response to those weighing up this style of play against the fact we’re somehow bound to win a trophy because we’re cagy and defensive.

My point was that’s not necessarily the case. I agree that no style gaurentees winning trophies so why persist with this turgid, unadventurous football

My post was in response to those weighing up this style of play against the fact we’re somehow bound to win a trophy because we’re cagy and defensive.

My point was that’s not necessarily the case. I agree that no style gaurentees winning trophies so why persist with this turgid, unadventurous football

You were responding to this post:

(1) Match - ***** Wolverhampton Wanderers v Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur FC********* | Page 110 | The Fighting Cock - Tottenham Hotspur (Spurs) Forum

that said that it was not worth sacrificing the club's traditions if it results in winning the League Cup - that's nothing to do with a guarantee of success and is an argument against playing defensively, which supports what you're saying.

But if no style guarantees winning trophies then you might as well ask 'why persist with free flowing attacking football?'

There's no guarantee of anything so we'll have to see what happens.

Yeah, it's great to be entertained, to dare is to do, the game is about glory... but where's the glory?

I didn't like what I saw last night but if Mourinho's methods result in silverware then I'll be delighted.

We should have a Cup Final this year and maybe we can finally put an end to this ridiculous barren spell.

Obviously not that type of coaching. I’ve said it before I don’t really see any coaching on any style of play other than play as Many defensive players as possible and have the same on the bench. Just not interested in coaching any other style as it would be too much effort. Better to concentrate on the opposition and park the bus.
I watched the Brighton game yesterday before ours and was amazed at how well they transitioned from defence to attack by passing the ball through the midfield. Why the fuck are we incapable of doing this? What do we do in training?

The result is not bad and we are not in a terrible position in the table but the fact we have now dropped points in 5 matches in the last 10 minutes is worrisome. That is 10 points lost, even taking out the Liverpool game and giving us the Palace, Newcastle, West Ham, and Wolves wins that changes our season right now.

If this happened one or two times then ok, but it has happened five times. That is my main issue with yesterday.
This excludes the home defeats to Everton and Leicester where we were awful hardly creating a single chance. At home! Image 62k innWHL watching that shite!

Back
Top Bottom