Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Madders out, we absolutely need to play GLC or move Kulu inside.

I hope Ange sees this and doesn't play Bentancur for example.

We need that creative player in there, or else it will get pretty dull.

Yeah I think Bentancur will be the one to step in.

Bentancur, Sarr and Bissouma is still a ridiculously good midfield. Johnson, Son and Kulusevski in front of them more than enough to cause Wolves problems too.

Would love to see Donley on the bench for this one too. Probably the closest like for like we have for Maddison, just lacks experience.

Define creative
He isn't a #10.

He's a 6/8. Doesn't have an eye for a pass to split a defense. GLC/Kulu/Donley has.

I think we need a creative player to replace our creative player.

Of course, Bentancur might be better than the alternatives to Maddison at the moment, but that doesn't make him fit any better to our system.

With Madders out, we absolutely need to play GLC or move Kulu inside.

I hope Ange sees this and doesn't play Bentancur for example.

We need that creative player in there, or else it will get pretty dull.
I would rather see what Donley is made of than waste more time watching GLC flatter to deceive in a Tottenham shirt yet again.

He isn't a #10.

He's a 6/8. Doesn't have an eye for a pass to split a defense. GLC/Kulu/Donley has.

I think we need a creative player to replace our creative player.

Of course, Bentancur might be better than the alternatives to Maddison at the moment, but that doesn't make him fit any better to our system.

He isn't specifically a 10, no but I wouldn't say he wasn't creative. He's certainly proven to be a lot more creative in this league than someone like Lo Celso.

It also doesn't matter much in our system. We create chances in abundance through a number of players. Johnson, Kulusevski, Sarr, Porro etc.

Considering our defensive frailties, I think the more solid the midfield the better for this game in particular.

I would rather see what Donley is made of than waste more time watching GLC flatter to deceive in a Tottenham shirt yet again.
All good with me.

As long as we replace our only creative spark in our team with someone who has the same characteristics as Madders.

I can't remember the game, but it was a game where Maddison wasn't really firing, and we saw instantly that our game wasn't good enough going forward.

That is what will happen if we play Bentancur for Maddison.

He isn't specifically a 10, no but I wouldn't say he wasn't creative. He's certainly proven to be a lot more creative in this league than someone like Lo Celso.

It also doesn't matter much in our system. We create chances in abundance through a number of players. Johnson, Kulusevski, Sarr, Porro etc.

Considering our defensive frailties, I think the more solid the midfield the better for this game in particular.

I bet Bentancur has more combined G/A than Lo Celso does.

Edit:

Gio: 1 goal and 3 assists in 57 games.

Rodrigo:

5 goals and 6 assists in 37 games.

That's just the league. Not even all comps.

All good with me.

As long as we replace our only creative spark in our team with someone who has the same characteristics as Madders.

I can't remember the game, but it was a game where Maddison wasn't really firing, and we saw instantly that our game wasn't good enough going forward.

That is what will happen if we play Bentancur for Maddison.

What with 9 men v Chelsea? Ridiculous to draw conclusions from that. Bentancur is more than a good enough replacement for Maddison and yes, he’s 100% creative.

Bentancur has got more goals and assists in the Premier League in the last 12 months than Lo Celso had managed for Spurs in the league since he signed in 2019.

Bentancur missed 9 of those months through injury.

Yeah I've just added the numbers. Bentancur has nearly treble the numbers in 20 less games.

There aren't the same position at all, but you'd trust Bentancur more to do the job than Lo Celso.

What with 9 men v Chelsea? Ridiculous to draw conclusions from that. Bentancur is more than a good enough replacement for Maddison and yes, he’s 100% creative.
Nah it was a recent away game.

I'd rather see a #10 replace a #10 that's all I'm saying and Bentancur isn't that.

I guess we will have to get back to this after the game.

Back
Top Bottom