Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In 1974 Ali fought the formidable foe George Foreman

Foreman was the pressure fighter dominating the early action seemingly allowed to land to the body at will but all through the fight Ali landed the better shots with a stinging one two every now and then, having been lured into a false sense of confidence Foreman who had underestimated his foe and and hadn't noticed his emptying gas tank, in the 7th he lands his best shot of the fight square on the jaw of Ali, Ali immediately clinched pulled Foreman firmly into the clinch and whispered in his ear "is that all you got George" Foreman realised that was all he had and shrank Ali grew and took him out a few minutes later.

We are rope a doping Wolves here, when you see Jose walk over to Nuno after about 60 minutes and whisper in his ear you will all know it's over.

I appreciate their press is very good, but my God, our ball retention and passing is so fucking poor. Keep a hold of the ball FFS. So casual in possession.

Their press will dissipate around the 60 min mark and we will pick them off hopefully

0-3

Games like this under Poch would see us persist with playing football that's nice on the eye, the reality is, to be a side that wins things sometimes you have to win ugly.

It's no shame to be playing a difficult away fixture the way we are, we don't have a given right to blow teams like this away, we have to earn the wins.

Foreman was the pressure fighter dominating the early action seemingly allowed to land to the body at will but all through the fight Ali landed the better shots with a stinging one two every now and then, having been lured into a false sense of confidence Foreman who had underestimated his foe and and hadn't noticed his emptying gas tank, in the 7th he lands his best shot of the fight square on the jaw of Ali, Ali immediately clinched pulled Foreman firmly into the clinch and whispered in his ear "is that all you got George" Foreman realised that was all he had and shrank Ali grew and took him out a few minutes later.

We are rope a doping Wolves here, when you see Jose walk over to Nuno after about 60 minutes and whisper in his ear you will all know it's over.

I think Ali also said “bad place to get tired George “ but I get what you mean

The level of technical incompetence from us was staggering.

A midfield (for want of a better name) that is utterly devoid of footballing capability, thoroughly outplayed by their midfield. The odd occasion we manage to get the ball to our forwards it just bounces off them like they’ve got spring loaded boots.

We scored a blaster against the run of play, and play continued to run the same way for the rest of the half. Wolves played us off the park,

Dreadful stuff.

Great strike from lucas but he is exactly the reaSon why our attacks are breaking down.

cant pick a pass, can’t get his head up.

i know it won’t happen but I would honestly sub him off after 15 minutes or so and give sess a go.

A friend in the States just emailed me that the NBC coverage of half time is completely awful. Says it wants to make him pule. Anyone over there tell what's going on?

I'm not usually one to post during a game, but can we have some Dier love? He's been excellent.
don't be daft - the purpose of the match thread is to shit as many Spurs players as possible.

Don't let unimportant details about how often he has broken their attacks up fool you, or how often he has dropped back into defence to make clearances.

He's pony

ask Mindless - he know everything about football, he'll put you straight

I don't like our style of play, we are sitting far to deep. They are of course a great team on the break and we've removed that aspect of the game by defending in own box. Problem is we can't connect two passes when we try to counter.
I'm sure the intent is not to lose possession going forward every time, I think the idea is there but we seem very nervy at the moment mentally struggling with Wolves pressure. hopefully Jose could calm things down.

And yet they have really one had one good chance all half.

It's classic Mourinho we are trying to break on them letting them have the ball then catching them with a counter in a blink of the eye

When we buy a proper attacking RB and get a true CDM next to Ndombele this will be class to watch.

For now we still have square pegs in round holes but this is better then the gash we have been served the last year or so
Agreed, I am in a weird situation at the moment with Aurier because even though he is playing well I still just HATE watching him play. His decision making is so erratic and infuriating that I just find him so frustrating to watch, although at the moment he is in a good patch of form I still always feel like he is going to do something daft. I can't help but wonder what Jose will do with that area in the next 12 months.

A friend in the States just emailed me that the NBC coverage of half time is completely awful. Says it wants to make him pule. Anyone over there tell what's going on?

They are doing some sort of fan festival in Miami. When they host these things, they basically spend the whole time doing cringey bits rather than actual analysis.

I can't believe that wasn't a penalty on Kane. Clearly impeded in the box. He has to go down because we all know he doesn't get that call if he stays on his feet. It's just fucking perplexing what constitutes a foul these days. We should be up 3-0 with that and the Dier opportunity.

Already looking forward to Dele Alli whispering in Adama Traore ear on 70th minute, "Is that all you have got?"

Back
Top Bottom