Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lovely win (in an ugly, filthy, way).

Thought Dier was loads better; Eriksen made the difference with his free-kick and corner. Wolves were dirty with their endless fouls on Lucas (unlike our classy and dignified hacks on Traore, obviously).

Horrid to watch, but a great result!

Greta result.

Dier was really good.

Performance not so much. Good defending from set pieces, but we desperatly need Ndombele with Dier or whoever in the midfield.

I'm dissapointed in Jose's subs today, Sessegnon and Lo Celso on the bench.... Not confident in his words that he trust young (new) players noe.
Putting Lo Celso on in that game? You have got to be joking?

It looked like that for the majority of the game.

It's looked like that to you every week of the 3 years I've been here, tbf.

Whatever... I'm chuffed with the win.

Enjoy it and let's maybe stop goading each other for the night.... Sound good?

Rorke's Drift at times.

At least Mourinho is picking a consistent side so they can get to know each other!

However no one appeared comfortable on the ball, treating it like it was full of TNT.

Dele, Son totally anonymous.

Aurier, Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier seemingly unable to pass to a team mate (or even control the ball)

Lucas happiest when he surrenders possession.

It also shows what happens when you pitch a speedster against Vertonghen.

There are major structural problems with this team and we're running into the busy holiday period. Having said that, I'll take the three points and on to Chelsea.

Suddenly 4th doesn't seem too far away?

Lads, we had one away win until october (even that being a last minute Harry Winks winner against a terrible side like Fulham), José comes and we have 2 in the space of a month, one against a team that consideres the game against us as their cup final, and the other in one of the toughest grounds in England, against a team that only had 2 defeats all season. We didn't bring José to give us glorious, entertaining total football, we brought him to give us results, and, apart from that United defeat, he has delievered with flying colors. 3 points off top 4, LET'S FUCKING GO AND GET IT!

Last edited:
Poor performance by Dele, Son, and Sanchez
Aurier needs to stop attempting to shoot when Kane is open
It takes a good 10min for Dier to think of his next move after holding the ball
Son is piss poor in the rain
Gazz needs to stop giving away possessions by kick long balls(especially when our MF is non-existent) otherwise, he had a super save
Kane should’ve been more clinical with his chances
Adama needs to join NFL

god that was lucky, they had most of game, but we had the best chances.
think ane will be getting fed up with having to wipe snow off his head with all those high balls from the back
well done to the players that was a back to the wall preformance

Great result but, not trying to be negative, we can't sweep the performance under the rug. It just wasn't good enough for where we need to be.

In the end, it's a confidence builder for sure but we have a loooooong way to go. I still have no idea how we managed to steal that result.

Back
Top Bottom