Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not normally one for making predictions and so on on, but my good friend Mystic Madrid has just entered the room and foreseen the following...

1) At least one David Luiz comedy brainfade
2) The Guardian and/or other media outlets to bring up the banana incident from last season
3) Gap Year to do something half-skillful in the first 15 minutes to sycophantic cooing from the commentator, followed by 75 minutes of invisibility
4) Héctor Bellerín to make me feel physically sick, either before, during or after
5a) If they score, the goal to be celebrated in some pathetically contrived and cringe-inducing manner
5b) The goal to be accompanied by a cunt pundit pondering on whether "normal service has been restored to North London" or somesuch fuck-trumpeting
6) My wife to complain bitterly about the infantile abuse pouring from my mouth. "Why can't you just enjoy the match normally?"

0a79e8730e1031bf7021a26c7014013e.jpg
We must be married to the same woman!

...............................Lloris...........................

KWP..........Toby........Jan...........Davies

Son......Ndombele.....Dier.......Moura

........................Alli.......Kane....................

Go on Poch, I dare you💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

This would be my team

Lloris
KWP/Aurier Alde Jan Rose
Dier GLC
Lucas Eriksen Son
Kane

This is what Poch will play. He always tries to come up with some out of the box thinking for the big games.

Lloris
Alde Sanchez Davies
Sissoko Winks Dier Eriksen Rose
Kane Son

This is the game that kick starts our season, play well and win and we’ll go on a run. Our form has been shocking for a while now, this is where we put a stop to that.

Let’s stop all the depressing shit and get behind the team and the manager, we’ll beat these absolute mouthbreathing fucking social media warrior cunts. Don’t lose sight of what it is to be a spurs fan

This is the game that kick starts our season, play well and win and we’ll go on a run. Our form has been shocking for a while now, this is where we put a stop to that.

Let’s stop all the depressing shit and get behind the team and the manager, we’ll beat these absolute mouthbreathing fucking social media warrior cunts. Don’t lose sight of what it is to be a spurs fan
Nothing would give us more pleasure but I think this is the game that compounds the misery of the season so far.

The reality of it is we are away at their lot, they are favourites and it isn't a MUST WIN game. It's four games in and as it stands our start isn't that bad points wise.

Every team has dodgy results, we had our first of the season against Newcastle, it happens (just ask Man U, Man City & Woolwich how they've gotten on at home to Crystal Palace the last time they welcomed them).

If we get a result great, if we don't it's kind of expected with it being in their back yard so try not to prang one if we don't win a game we realistically ain't favourites for at the bookies.

Snatch a result in their backyard, great. If not we move onto the next group of games after the international break. The seasons a long one, we and other teams have more than enough time to make up ground and navigate through other slip ups.

3-1 to the Spurs!

I rarely look forward to these games, based on the fact that IF we're in form, and looking like we might actually win there for once, they're always SOOOO pleased to bring us down to earth (like LAST year)
...and if we're somehow struggling, and looking vulnerable, they're always SOOOOO pleased to compound our misery!

We both lost our last game, we've both shown weaknesses, and yet somehow, they've spun it as a POSITIVE!

Right ,i acknowledge i may be a bit fick...
But where does "Gap year" come from?
When the details of Ceballos's loan move to Woolwich became clear, with no right to buy when the season was up, the Spanish media referred to it as his año sabático in England, which translates as "gap year", like he was doing an Erasmus abroad or coming to work in a pub while he studied English at a language school.

I'm actually being kind, the other translation for the expression is "year off", which given the Twitter thug's tendency to disappear for long periods would also be appropriate

When the details of Ceballos's loan move to Woolwich became clear, with no right to buy when the season was up, the Spanish media referred to it as his año sabático in England, which translates as "gap year", like he was doing an Erasmus abroad or coming to work in a pub while he studied English at a language school.

I'm actually being kind, the other translation for the expression is "year off", which given the Twitter thug's tendency to disappear for long periods would also be appropriate
Thank you .
I am in the know now :)

If people lose their shit about whatever this result ends up - well it sums up football fans memories.

Aggregate score since 2000 in the league. 45-21

Last three years where we have been the better side in the league table. 7-3.

Pochs five matches there - we have drawn three lost two.

We generally don’t do well there. From a fan point of view going there pre match is fun and the journey home tends to be shit.

So I’m expecting nothing - and if we do get anything then that is a bonus.

But acting like we go there and win regularly is a fucking joke. We don’t. Perspective really seems to be going out the window at the moment.

If people lose their shit about whatever this result ends up - well it sums up football fans memories.

Aggregate score since 2000 in the league. 45-21

Last three years where we have been the better side in the league table. 7-3.

Pochs five matches there - we have drawn three lost two.

We generally don’t do well there. From a fan point of view going there pre match is fun and the journey home tends to be shit.

So I’m expecting nothing - and if we do get anything then that is a bonus.

But acting like we go there and win regularly is a fucking joke. We don’t. Perspective really seems to be going out the window at the moment.
Same here I'm expecting nothing because that is what we normally get and no amount of posting pictures of our double winning manager and captain is going to inspire or change that and that includes the team.

Back
Top Bottom