Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our biggest rivals have become our definitive bogey team of late. Never do I today predict the result anymore, be it win lose or draw - be it in the league or cup - not when it comes to the @rsenal. A one goal lead early doors today means absolutely nothing and so too the same is true regarding a two goal lead as is evident two years consecutively now. I don’t know either why is it that the killer third goal is so elusive anymore than do I understand why it is [they] clearly somehow seem to want it more than we do.

We have the players that on their day can do a job and do it well but those same individuals need to in the cold light of day - to take a long hard look at themselves and their understanding of the importance of winning the north London derby because the team that couldn’t make top four two years running and likely won’t this season are currently laughing at us!

Dunno how they can be laughing at us when they can't beat us at home when we are in the poorest form we have been for 4 years. In honesty, I'm laughing at them today. Yeah it was a kick in the balls to let them back in when we were two up. But we were 2 up. At their gaff.

no it doesn't
it says everything about how you come across on this message board, you seem to be permanently whining about something, players happy clappers, other posters

I do moan about people who constantly run the club down and bitch about everything - but thats because this is for supporters of Spurs. I don't do it so much now though as I'm taking Nutter Naylors approach and sacking the whiners off instead of bothering to moan at them.

You are a complex person to deal with Sammy, you are clearly committed to the club and what it stands for, and you post some great stuff at times, but you seem to revel in your "I don't give a fuck about who I piss off" persona. That and always wanting to win every argument and use every thread to post your opinions about whoever or whatever it is you want to slate next.

I don’t care what anyone thinks of me. Least of all some men online.

You act like a shrink. Talk football or fuck off out of my face. You said I moan about everything.

I moan about 3 players and the manager.
If it was Sissoko, Dier, Davies and Levy you would not give one fuck.

That says it all. You’re offended because you think you’re favorites “are” Tottenham.
You think Dele has more right to wear the shirt than Trippier did.
You slagged off Sissoko for two years.

I might be a shit fan, but so are you. Not giving a fuck about how poor the team performs isn’t support either you ambivalent tosser.

Dunno how they can be laughing at us when they can't beat us at home when we are in the poorest form we have been for 4 years. In honesty, I'm laughing at them today. Yeah it was a kick in the balls to let them back in when we were two up. But we were 2 up. At their gaff.

I don’t know what you were watching or drinking while you were watching.We were saved by VAR and but for VAR that would have been two consecutive seasons - two up at the @rsenal only for them to comeback and us to to lose again. I went nuts at that final whistle - very happy for a point rather than a defeat. We have no killer instinct and when they step up to the plate we flap - yes they had the last laugh again!

Yep, apparently they were going to smash us but in the end had to settle for a point.

They shouldn't be laughing at us, I think Tierney could be good for them but really that's as good as they can play whereas we're nowhere near our ceiling yet.

They have a good attack but as per fucking usual the Gooners don't half overrate their players.

Did we play good in your eyes ?
In my eyes we played bad not pressing wall not controlling the midfield and all the time it felt we on a verge of mistake and 2 of the goals was poor play by us ..

If we had won ? we would be happy but happy of how lucky we are not because we play good
Don't disagree with you at all, Magi. We only played well on a few occasions and allowed the scum to dominate midfield. We've definitely gone downhill over the past 6 months.

I don’t know what you were watching or drinking while you were watching.We were saved by VAR and but for VAR that would have been two consecutive seasons - two up at the @rsenal only for them to comeback and us to to lose again. I went nuts at that final whistle - very happy for a point rather than a defeat. We have no killer instinct and when they step up to the plate we flap - yes they had the last laugh again!

Not to be pedantic or anything but we were 2-1 up at half-time last year after going a goal down. We were 2-0 up when we beat them in the League Cup!

We weren't saved by VAR - the linesman spotted and flagged the offside, which was clear - but VAR did nothing about Dele Alli's penalty claim. If anything, we were let down by VAR.

The lino flagged the clear offside, nothing to do with VAR.

Not to be pedantic or anything but we were 2-1 up at half-time last year after going a goal down. We were 2-0 up when we beat them in the League Cup!

I’d call that pedantic. Bottom line - we lead and fucking lost!

Lino put his flag up - it was offside -we were not saved by VAR without VAR that's not a goal. We didn't lose

We weren't saved by VAR - the linesman spotted and flagged the offside, which was clear - but VAR did nothing about Dele Alli's penalty claim. If anything, we were let down by VAR.

If the ball had been floated to Dele it would have been a cast iron penalty but it wasn’t. Way too many excuses on here today ladies and gents- it’s embarrassing. We went two up- failed to get the killer third; allowed them back in with a goal on the stroke of half time; I am just glad that we didn’t lose because at that point I fully expect to.

Have you only been watching football matches for a couple of weeks?

The first time I remember watching football was the 1976 European championships finals final I-believe Czechoslovakia won on pens: I would have been nine.The first time I watched Tottenham Hotspur at the lane was the 1979-80 FA cup quarter final at home to Liverpool 0-1 ( Terry McDermott).

If that’s a couple of weeks I’m surprised you can even spell pedantic much-less know what it means.

Last edited:
Poch shit list is now a myth. Let’s take a look...

Rose- back in the starting line up
Toby - back in the starting lineup
Jan - back in starting lineup

Aurier - suspect we’ll see him back after the break if KWP can’t go.

This is idea of “you’re out once you cross Poch” is outdated.

Well, Vinnie and the n’wingers beg to disagree.

Poch is certainly stubborn.

Poch shit list is now a myth. Let’s take a look...

Rose- back in the starting line up
Toby - back in the starting lineup
Jan - back in starting lineup

Aurier - suspect we’ll see him back after the break if KWP can’t go.

This is idea of “you’re out once you cross Poch” is outdated.

It's not a myth, it's just very, ahem, 'selective' in terms of its application.

I still wanna know what Poch was trying to achieve by dropping Eriksen for Villa & N'Castle, but not City & Goons....

Woolwich could not have played us at a better time given our injuries and uncertainty around certain players, and they still just managed a draw. I don’t think Chelsea have a shot but I hope United get their shit together and give Woolwich a run for fourth.

Back
Top Bottom