Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely it’s just amateurs in this thread blaming Sanchez for goal solely for losing a header in their half, loads of other things going on he got no cover at all

We were so high up the pitch, it was incredible.

No idea why Kane doesn't shoot. No idea what Vertonghen and Alderweireld are doing and no idea why Sissoko lets Ramsay run off him.

Fair play to Wanyama for busting a fucking gut.

The more you look at their goal the more of a mess it is. Kane not shooting. Sanchez error and Sissoko being his usual lack self in midfield by letting Ramsay completely running off him. Shambolic all round.

Ramsey was already well past Sissoko when Sanchez failed to connect

Moussa had every right to expect Sanchez to get that ball when he saw him come out like that

Piss poor defending from Sanchez but like I said earlier Hugo made it very easy for Sanchez falling on his arse

I really don't know why Poch persists with this fucking 3cb system. It means we have a man less in midfield, and when the two men you have in there are just fucking units, it means we've got no football being played there. Needs to take Sanchez off, put Lamela on, drop Eriksen back and go 433 or 41212.

Trippier's been decent, unlucky not to have an assist too, Sissoko's trying, but his technical deficiencies can't cash the cheque his powerful physique are trying to write, and just coughs the ball up every time he tries to bring it forwards. Neither he nor Wanyama can play a quick, incisive pass, so in an ideal world I'd fuck one of them off at half time - or pretty soon after - and get Skipp out there, someone who could get the ball ticking.

Kane fucking about started the nightmare, Sanchez, who's probably been our best CB generally today, then fucks up royally and Lloris compounds it by sitting down. Just the the type of piss poor shit that's been happening lately.
it's really simple - we have no central midfielders

if we go with 2 centre backs, you will be seeing Sissoko and Eriksen playing as the last midfielder and let me remind of how that went against Burnley...

The cunt that’s in the bt sport studio seems to revel to in it when we struggle picks out Jenas for wanting us to to well! Pity doesn’t lamp him one....

If we insist on playing long ball or hoping Trippier can whack one of his crosses in to one of our players then expect to see Llorente on sooner rather than later.

Our total lack of ability in the middle of the park pretty much means we can't really play through the middle. Would be a poor move though, I think Lucas on would be just as useful if we're aiming to knock it long.
The problem is we need Eriksen in both the 10 and 8 role. Rose and Trippier aren’t making enough of an impact to justify a 3rd CB.

I'm afraid the team that started to gel through the tough and played beautifully against Dortumund was undermined and gone when gaffer gave in and started Kane prematually on Burnley game. Too late now to revert I think. Itd be faster to get the old Kane back at this point. Not the old old Kane but the recent old before the last injury. I think he is settling in better today.

Completely agree. Trying to slot Kane back in to a team that were playing well together has been our main problem.

Ramsey was already well past Sissoko when Sanchez failed to connect

Moussa had every right to expect Sanchez to get that ball when he saw him come out like that

Piss poor defending from Sanchez but like I said earlier Hugo made it very easy for Sanchez falling on his arse

But Ramsey is HIS man.

Sanchez made a horrible error, no doubt about it but you stick with your man. If he does, Ramsay doesn't score. It's as simple as that.

I wouldn't say Sissoko was the main reason for the goal, absolutely not. It was a collective effort from Kane, Sanchez and Sissoko with sprinkles of Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Lloris in there.

So over like last 170 minutes of football we have created 1 good chance. . .

COME ON NOW! Have to do so much more in coming 45 mins!!! Cmon now!! We need this! Two goals and 0 at back! Please!

Back
Top Bottom