Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ac449f54720c14c498741bd0d02b2b9a.png

Football is a funny old game, win tomorrow and we will forget about the last 2 games and look forward to Dortmund, lose and we might as well sell the stadium

I think Winks might be out for this game (hip injury or something), with that in mind and this being a must not lose game, I would like to see:
Gazzaniga
KWP Toby Vertonghen Rose
Sisssoko Sanchez (started life as a CM)

Son Eriksen Moura

Kane

Having a solid defensive 2 behind Eriksen might free him up to play a more attacking role (more like his old self before we flogged Dembele).

I think Winks might be out for this game (hip injury or something), with that in mind and this being a must not lose game, I would like to see:
Gazzaniga
KWP Toby Vertonghen Rose
Sisssoko Sanchez (started life as a CM)

Son Eriksen Moura

Kane

Having a solid defensive 2 behind Eriksen might free him up to play a more attacking role (more like his old self before we flogged Dembele).

Gazzaniga over Hugo because of the other night vs Chelsea I'm assuming? KWP who has barely played 100 minutes of Premier League football this year & Davinson Sanchez in a position he was deemed not good enough to play in back in Colombia? Cor talk about asking for the opposition to target possible frailties in the team. Midfield battles, attacking down our right and long shots at goal all over the gaff. They'd chew us up and spit us out mate, not the right kind of game to tinker

As opposed to playing an 18 year old in his 1st derby in a game we have to win, Lloris who was shocking against Chelsea, Trippier who we all agree is wank or Aurier who is a complete liability...

As opposed to playing an 18 year old in his 1st derby in a game we have to win, Lloris who was shocking against Chelsea, Trippier who we all agree is wank or Aurier who is a complete liability...

Skipps natural position is in midfield, Davinsons is in defence. We've also got Wanyama who can come in so Davinson isn't getting anywhere near a position on the field that he should be nowhere near inna Tottenham shirt IMO.

I'd personally still go for Hugo over Gazzaniga. I like Big Gaz but I wouldn't bring any negative attention on it and I do think it's harsh to point a finger at Lloris because of the Chelsea game. He has made some ridiculous decisions and errors this year but o wouldn't drop him after the game against Chelsea no way.

As for the right back areas, bringing a 3rd choice right back when your first and second choices are available just isn't going to happen. I like KWP but I trust Pochettinos judgement that he isn't ready to be a proper first team player at present. Personally I'd go with Lloris, Aurier, Vertonghen or Sanchez, Alderweireld, Rose, Winks or Wanyama, Sissoko, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Kane.

If Vertonghen isn't fit go with Davinson, likewise big Vic if Winks isn't playing. It's not great but that's what I'd go for if certain players fail their fitness tests

In all honesty, I'd forgotten about Wanyama! I still think that having 2 enforcers in central midfield would give Erikson the freedom to do his thing in the attacking third l, he just isn't a box to box type of player

Lloris needs a kick up the arse after Chelsea, maybe he will take it upon himself to show that he is number 1. As for KWP, I really think Trippier is slacking and Aurier is too hot headed for a NLD

Looking into a few stats/facts.

Tottenham have won 4 league home games on the bounce.
Woolwich have lost 6 of their last 7 away games. The only win coming against Huddersfield by a single goal.

Pochettino hasn’t lost a home fixture to Woolwich since arriving in North London.
Woolwich haven’t beaten a top 6 club away for 4 years.

I know it’s only figures, but I reckon the 90000 fans will see Spurs win it tomorrow. Pressure from the off on each of their players. Woolwich can’t defend like Burnley and Chelsea can, they will leave more spaces on behind and allow chances to be created.

Dreading tomorrow! Going with a Leeds fan and a Sheffield Wednesday fan... but they hate Woolwich and will be cheering us on.

First NLD for me since the last one at the Lane... COYS!!

:kanegoal:

Fucking hell - four pints down and the nerves are still kicking me in the guts! But fucking fuck it - let's get there early, have a few jars and sing our fucking heads off! Show them wankers how to create an atmosphere!

Back
Top Bottom