WOOP WOOP That's the sound of Tripolis! (Vs Tottenham Hotspur)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One really strange thing about us over the past couple of years, is that no outfield player ever seems to have several consecutive good games.

Most seem to alternate good and bad performances.

One really strange thing about us over the past couple of years, is that no outfield player ever seems to have several consecutive good games.

Most seem to alternate good and bad performances.
Big Daddy Kane disagrees.

YD3QltM.jpg

Mason, as well.

I would. But I would also like to see us be nasty as fuck. Look at the best teams in recent years. Look at a number of their regular starters - Scholes, Keane, Terry, Suarez, Viera - dirty bastards all. Winners too.
We are soft, there's no denying it. Mason excepted. He could be one of those guys. I didn't mean to speak for you BTW. (even though I did. Ha.)

Charlie fucking Adam's, yes. I think AberdeenYid AberdeenYid was saying he'd like to see a bit more leadership and steel.
More leadership is needed as is a harder approach to winning the ball. We have to show others that we are not to be pushed around again and that starts with Charlie fucking Adam. Give him some of his own back legally.

Just saw the highlights and Fazio's "red and penalty". What an absolute disgrace that was. I've rarely seen anything like it. But anyway, I'm glad we won and at the end of the day the 3 points are all that matter.

fuck me - we went 2 up without breaking sweat - against a team we just walloped 5-1.
On both occasions it was used as a run out for second team contenders.

In the second half they threw caution to the wind for their home fans and we just rocked the throttle and kept them in "just below" control.
They scraped a goal with a highly debatable penalty from a man who lost control of the ball and threw himself to the floor (thwow him to the flaw thenturian)
and no-one got injured or bust a gut in harvesting 3 points.

so fucking what - the competition only looks like it really is one, when the CL detritus joins the game (Citeh and Liverpewell) - then we can start taking it like its really serious.

fuck me - we went 2 up without breaking sweat - against a team we just walloped 5-1.
On both occasions it was used as a run out for second team contenders.

In the second half they threw caution to the wind for their home fans and we just rocked the throttle and kept them in "just below" control.
They scraped a goal with a highly debatable penalty from a man who lost control of the ball and threw himself to the floor (thwow him to the flaw thenturian)
and no-one got injured or bust a gut in harvesting 3 points.

so fucking what - the competition only looks like it really is one, when the CL detritus joins the game (Citeh and Liverpewell) - then we can start taking it like its really serious.
Mick they had 5 great chances in the 2nd half and we looked terrible. Are you not concerned that we looked so sloppy in the 2nd half? Doesn't this concern you even a little bit?

Anyone else notice how utterly useless Dembele was tonight, he looked lost as usual. The defense is worrying...Dier and Fazio where all over the place. And Jan, dont get me started...his rotten attitude must ware off on other players, sooner he goes the better, one player id be happy to see Levy cash in on. Forget signing a top class striker or yet more midfielders, we need to shore up the defense with some tried and tested center backs.

Just checked out the highlights online I'm sure it's been discussed but that fazio rd card is the worst sending off I've ever seen not even close to a foul never mind a red. Come to think of it our pen was a joke too. Ref had a shocker

I don't get all of the Dembele hate. I thought he was one of the best men on the pitch in the first half. He completely controlled the action. He was rock fucking solid on the ball. He was quite neutralized in the second half, but it appeared to me that he was pushed out wide for some reason. It wasn't the greatest game ever, but I don't understand why he's being called out for a poor performance at all.

I don't get all of the Dembele hate. I thought he was one of the best men on the pitch in the first half. He completely controlled the action. He was rock fucking solid on the ball. He was quite neutralized in the second half, but it appeared to me that he was pushed out wide for some reason. It wasn't the greatest game ever, but I don't understand why he's being called out for a poor performance at all.
It's more that he's just purely a transitional player and offers no attacking threat.

He's great at holding the ball and advancing it 15 yards, then laying it off sideways. He makes very few mistakes in possession, but offers no creativity or threat. We don't have enough regular goal-threats in order to afford the luxury of a one-dimensional transitional midfielder.

Paulinho is much the opposite. Decent nose for goal but a complete passenger in midfield. It's a shame, if we stuck them in the transport machine from The Fly and fused them into a single man they'd be a fucking incredible midfielder.

Mick they had 5 great chances in the 2nd half and we looked terrible. Are you not concerned that we looked so sloppy in the 2nd half? Doesn't this concern you even a little bit?
not now - we won
and as long as we keep switching sides and players around, - this will happen
when we move forward in the comp, this will happen less, or we will go out.
not hard to see - really.

Back
Top Bottom