Worst player to wear the lilywhite shirt

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely disregard all the good that Crouch did for us then? Scoring the winner at the Etihad to give us champions league football, the hat trick against young boys, goals against AC Milan and Inter Milan. He was key for us in the champions league. Admittedly the style he brought to us wasn't great, but to call him the worst player is madness.

CJM said:
Completely disregard all the good that Crouch did for us then? Scoring the winner at the Etihad to give us champions league football, the hat trick against young boys, goals against AC Milan and Inter Milan. He was key for us in the champions league. Admittedly the style he brought to us wasn't great, but to call him the worst player is madness.

Been here, done this, got the T Shirt.

Are you Peter Crouch CJM? :cliveallen: As all other explanations are beyond me.

Crouch gets too much stick, although he isn't the best striker we've had, he certainly isn't the worst. Crouch scored some important goals for us and he set up so many important goals aswell, but people will forget that because when he was on the pitch we weren't playing the 'Tottenham way' but hey for half of the season Crouch, VDV and Bale couldn't stop scoring.

Everyone knows that Crouch isn't the best player in the World, but at every club he's been at he has created some form of impact. This is including at international level.

CJM said:

Completely subjective, you don't know we wouldn't have beaten those teams by an even greater margin if we'd had a suitable alternative to Crouch.

All I know is that every single time I get the urge to scream at Adebayor at WHL for not looking interested or miscontrolling a ball or missing a chance I stop myself and thank god that I'm not still having to endure Crouch.

Even Stoke fans I've spoken to have acknowledged that we did them over on the Crouch transfer - they can't believe how bad he is.

JamieG17 said:
Cantbelieve people are saying crouch is worse than someone like rasiak. He got us put most importamt wins in recent history.

Depends on your interpretation of the question, if it's literally 'the worst' player then it's highly unlikely any of us will even know who that is.........if it's the worst player consistently to be selected for Spurs then Crouch is by that definition worse than Rasiak for me.

Reptile_16 said:
If Southampton fans were polled, do you think they would say "Ali Dia"? Easily the worst player I can think of....at the Premier League level.
I would say rolando bianchi, the man city striker from a few years ago

Crouch was a good player for us, scored & assisted some really important & memorable goals for us & only really had 2 very bad moments for us in a Lilywhite shirt in 2 seasons (the own goal at City & the sending-off at Real Madrid). :crouch:

That night when he headed home the winner at the City of Manchester Stadium was one of the happiest moments of my life, & he used to do a good job for us defending at corners/clearing the ball under pressure & assisting the midfield/forwards in general build-up play, as well as giving us that aerial target to aim for (cf. Jermain Defoe, Pavlyuchenko)

Worst was obviously ***

comeonyouspurs said:
he used to do a good job for us defending at corners/clearing the ball under pressure

that was precisely the problem.....Redknapp would pick him against 'big' sides like Stoke to defend corners......but going forward they were clearly going to be good in the air defending

our whole attacking threat was completely negated cos we had a guy that couldn't trap a bag of cement, couldn't win a header, couldn't run in behind and made everyone of his team mates think that a chipped pass at his head was acceptable

spooky said:
Ben Thatcher.
I remember under Hoddle he had a few decent games at centre half, but the rest of the time he was fucking awful and couldn't pass water. I remember his getting torn a new arsehole at Loftus Road in a pre-season friendly

Marty funkhouser said:
Grzegorz Rasiak

Truly shocking

I could never quite understand how he was a professional footballer. I think it must've been some kind of case of mistaken identity, maybe someone from Spurs just saw a Polish man getting off the plane and assumed it was him. There is probably a world class striker working for a plumbing firm in North London somewhere wondering what the fuck is going on.

docomospur said:
How about every fucking player on the field tonight, bar Lennon possibly? Ledley looked like he couldn't even run, much less play a game of football.
I wondered who the first person to do that would be :harrysmile:

I was just reading the thread though to say all the cunts today. Minus Lennon and Defoe.

To all the Crouch haters. Are you goldfish? No. Your a cunt. He wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst. AND he always tried.

When he scored at Man C, did you say "lucky wanker, I don't think I'll celebrate 'cos he's shit, bring back Doherty". Or maybe you disliked his goal against AC?

Back
Top Bottom