Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I could just bin the yellow/red card system and run the site like every other forum and ban anyone who causes any kind of hassle. There's a decent sized list of people that fit that profile. Anyone who's ever received a red card seems an obvious place to start.

It would be at lot less work from my end.

I'll give it some thought. Might be interesting just to try it for a bit and see what the site feels like.
You've probably just come close to breaking WhatsApp.

You've probably just come close to breaking WhatsApp.

lol_picard_star_trek_tng.gif

Off Topic used to be a pretty decent section of the forum where Spurs fans could just have a laugh and a chat about all kinds of random things. Now it’s dominated by politically-driven cliques constantly arguing with each other. Pretty much the only safe threads are the ones with all the cheeky photos. Or so I’ve heard. Or read. Or whatever.

:kanehand:

I could just bin the yellow/red card system and run the site like every other forum and ban anyone who causes any kind of hassle. There's a decent sized list of people that fit that profile. Anyone who's ever received a red card seems an obvious place to start.

I'll give it some thought. Might be interesting just to try it for a bit and see what the site feels like.
Yes

You Set the guidelines
What is and what isn’t acceptable

In Planet Spurs for instance if there’s a cunt off brewing one of the Mods just intervenes saying something like ‘Stop with the personal reamarks’ with the implication that if the posters having the row don’t stop then they’ll get banned!

It works as anyone else using the site will agree
Same with GG and SC I think

That would be fine with me as it’s getting ridiculous now with posters going on other posters social media sites and posting personal stuff on this Forum

Your current avatar is taken from my Facebook, right?

Always said I'm happy to be banned as long as Arc is too. I think Case has it right that anyone with a red card should be banned.
Difference being that I use YOUR photo and not your families’

I could show Laraine , Joy and Teddy etc
Trust me
But I haven’t

I could contact them as you have my son’s group but again I haven’t

DM me if you want a chat

Happy to stop all this crap and totally disengage as I’m sure other posters are but it has to work both ways

Up to you and then neither of us will get banned

Trust me
But I haven’t

DM me if you want a chat

Happy to stop all this crap and totally disengage as I’m sure other posters are but it has to work both ways

You've said all this before and continued the sniping anyway. Laughing at any reference made by your "pals" too.

As for contacting my family, your "mate" already did that years ago. Which again, you laughed at.

We can try the disengagement again, but when you inevitably slip up with any reference to Lords, cricket, weight, skin colour or job, I'll be on it.

So we go from here, I guess. We start again.

Last edited:

I'd be willing to bet if you ban anybody that's had a red card most of the problems will be gone. You can also do this, keep the current system and just say to those who have been sent off multiple, multiple times, you get sent off one more time you're banned for good. For everybody else, two/three strikes and you're perma banned.

Anyone who's received a red card this year, thank you very much.

But don't, the site will become a boring sterile place and everyone knows it. The clique go after Moody in a big way but can't handle it when he strikes back.

It has gone way too far though but I don't think the situation can be remedied and not sure what the solution is. Maybe some folks just need to remember what brought them to this site in the first place? I doubt it was politics!

Well, apart from Ahab Ahab and PowPowspur PowPowspur . These two clearly don't give a fuck about Spurs and just like to post right wing bollocks.. Oh and our dearly departed American friend who was a closet Chav.

Everyone else came to this site primarily to talk about Tottenham. Maybe the only solution would be to close all Off Topic threads. I wouldn't like to see this myself but there's no doubt this is where much of the really nasty stuff originates from. I think some people should stop being so self-righteous but they're old and stuck in their ways and thus find it hard to adapt.

:adegrin2:

Anyone who's received a red card this year, thank you very much.

But don't, the site will become a boring sterile place and everyone knows it. The clique go after Moody in a big way but can't handle it when he strikes back.

It has gone way too far though but I don't think the situation can be remedied and not sure what the solution is. Maybe some folks just need to remember what brought them to this site in the first place? I doubt it was politics!

Well, apart from Ahab Ahab and PowPowspur PowPowspur . These two clearly don't give a fuck about Spurs and just like to post right wing bollocks.. Oh and our dearly departed American friend who was a closet Chav.

Everyone else came to this site primarily to talk about Tottenham. Maybe the only solution would be to close all Off Topic threads. I wouldn't like to see this myself but there's no doubt this is where much of the really nasty stuff originates from. I think some people should stop being so self-righteous but they're old and stuck in their ways and thus find it hard to adapt.

:adegrin2:

Explain how I go too far please. I give as good as I get on here. Always have, but I never overstep the line. Evidence please.

Trust me
But I haven’t

DM me if you want a chat

He keeps deleting the posts - LMFAO

You've said all this before and continued the sniping anyway. Laughing at any reference made by your "pals" too.

As for contacting my family, your "mate" already did that years ago. Which again, you laughed at.

We can try the disengagement again, but when you inevitably slip up with any reference to Lords, cricket, weight, skin colour or job, I'll be on it.

So we go from here, I guess. We start again.
As long as that works both ways

No engagement whatsoever

So if I have a disagreement with another poster you stay out of it and I will reciprocate if you have one
No agrees disagrees likes laughs etc
Nothing at all and you won’t hear a peep out of me

I'd be willing to bet if you ban anybody that's had a red card most of the problems will be gone. You can also do this, keep the current system and just say to those who have been sent off multiple, multiple times, you get sent off one more time you're banned for good. For everybody else, two/three strikes and you're perma banned.

I don’t know much about this sort of thing but apparently if you have a VPN this hides your ISP so you could, in that case, get banned and then return under a new ID?

I don’t know much about this sort of thing but apparently if you have a VPN this hides your ISP so you could, in that case, get banned and then return under a new ID?
This is what permanently banning people will lead to, more users trying to re-register.

There's more to it than just using a VPN. I'm sure plenty will slip through the checks but eventually it will become obvious who they are/were.

So they either sign up again and continue acting the same way and get banned again, or they sign up again and act differently.

Win-win.

In theory yes it's possible. But I'm guessing there are mechanisms within the forum software to make this problematic.

This is what permanently banning people will lead to, more users trying to re-register.

There's more to it than just using a VPN. I'm sure plenty will slip through the checks but eventually it will become obvious who they are/were.

So they either sign up again and continue acting the same way and get banned again, or they sign up again and act differently.

Win-win.
I wouldn’t have a clue

Can’t even upload a photograph

Back
Top Bottom