Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I tend to think that cards are often an accumulated result of a posters conduct over a day or two.... People seem to just reach a point when they've had enough.

Never seen sammyspurs sammyspurs (eg) make an offensive post but he still racks up a card here and there.... He's also a lone wolf so not part of some alleged clique turfwar.
I was on a yellow. Was supposed to last three weeks and disappear this morning at 8am.

What happened instead? It's now extended till July. Why? Who fucking knows, asked Case and was just fed a load of bullshit and bollocks.

I was on a yellow. Was supposed to last three weeks and disappear this morning at 8am.

What happened instead? It's now extended till July. Why? Who fucking knows, asked Case and was just fed a load of bullshit and bollocks.

Deserves an explanation mate

Not aware of any major cunt offs recently?

You could always leave.

P.s. I paid Case to extend it. Cheaper than I thought.

I’ll do anyone
tenor.gif

I know some people think there is a grand conspiracy when they receive a red/yellow card or that "multi's" are gaming the system in an attempt to drive them off the site. I can only assure people that I've put in all the checks I can and genuinely make the effort to try and run the site as fairly as possible.

The system we use here is not perfect, it's never going to be. I've said this over and over... but it is the system we use. If you think it's unfair then perhaps this site isn't for you. As I understand, other Spurs forums tend to operate under much stricter moderation rules.

Last edited:
I know some people think there is a grand conspiracy when they receive a red/yellow card or that "multi's" are gaming the system in an attempt to drive them off the site. I can only assure people that I've put in all the checks I can and genuinely make the effort to try and run the site as fairly as possibly.

The system we use here is not perfect, it's never going to be. I've said this over and over... but it is the system we use. If you think it's unfair then perhaps this site isn't for you. As I understand, other Spurs forums tend to operate under much stricter moderation rules.
You do a tremendous job, mate.

For a guy that is banned 6 months out of the year, I have no qualms.

Ignore the paranoid haters.

I know some people think there is a grand conspiracy when they receive a red/yellow card or that "multi's" are gaming the system in an attempt to drive them off the site. I can only assure people that I've put in all the checks I can and genuinely make the effort to try and run the site as fairly as possibly.

Nobody is saying it's unfair, it is open to abuse though.

As for you checking each foul vote... that is bollocks.

Gotta say I think you have an infinite amount of patience with this place and appreciate the way it's moderated.

I doubt there's ever been an undeserved card on here.

I'll get my tongue out yo ass now.

We could get rid of the ignore function, so that people can’t hide from the responsibility of voting cunts into the bin by just ignoring them and leaving the rest of us nice folk to tidy up the mess.

My above post neglected to mention that I have recently succumbed to the ignore feature myself. Ashamedly so.

But what I now notice is that you don’t even get alerts from ignored users. This is very nice as I noticed a post of mine had two wee kisses next to it and they are from the twat-biscuits that I have on ignore. But no alert to say it had happened. Lovely stuff.

there doesn't seem to be a link to the forum from thefightingcock dot co dot uk (our home page)

links to

podcast
patreon
articles

there doesn't seem to be a link to the forum from thefightingcock dot co dot uk (our home page)

links to

podcast
patreon
articles
There's a link to it in the header. Not sure it really needs a dedicated section for it on the homepage. I can probably add something though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom