Would You Have Accepted a Saudi Takeover?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would You Have Accepted a Saudi Takeover?

• Total voters
We've become a "Win at all costs" mentality.... it's not our fault, we're merely the Western Idiots who have fallen in love with the Western Capitalist dream that money buys happiness.... more fool us!

and the irony is, it takes some Saudi/Middle-Eastern Sheikh to show us what TRUE HAPPINESS IS... buy your success.... that's happiness! and now we belittle it... and yet it's all we ever dreamed of!

Western Capitalist greed mentality.... fuelled by Middle Eastern Oil money wealth to satisfy that greed .,...

only thing is, you've gotta strike Gold/Oil first!

It's a fool's conundrum!

We've become a "Win at all costs" mentality.... it's not our fault, we're merely the Western Idiots who have fallen in love with the Western Capitalist dream that money buys happiness.... more fool us!

and the irony is, it takes some Saudi/Middle-Eastern Sheikh to show us what TRUE HAPPINESS IS... buy your success.... that's happiness! and now we belittle it... and yet it's all we ever dreamed of!

Western Capitalist greed mentality.... fuelled by Middle Eastern Oil money wealth to satisfy that greed .,...

only thing is, you've gotta strike Gold/Oil first!

It's a fool's conundrum!
Its better to try to win at all costs rather than lose to make the owner rich.

Hmmmm... tough call.

Can the women-folk (mothers/sisters/wives/girlfriends/daughters) still watch/come to the matches or do they need to be chaperoned?

Will they have burqas for sale at the club shop?

I answered No because I don’t see this answer to mean I can’t still support the club. “not Accepting the owner” could have many different guises.

I would be thoroughly unhappy if anyone bought my club and funded its transfer budget out of their personal wealth. And that applies whether that party is a saint such as Bill Gates or a thoroughly unpleasant regime such as the Saudis. I struggle to see how the Chavs or City fans can feel it’s still their club in the same way we do about Spurs when they are funded as a billionaires plaything.

A few short years ago, I'd have been firmly in the "no' camp. Now, I'd accept it, albeit with a heavy heart.

The whole game is awash with wealth of questionable origin and it's pure doublethink, in my view, to criticise clubs that are funded in this way whilst at the same time insisting they pay us inflated fees for our players.

It was just a few months ago we were all demanding City pay £150m for Kane. Using their money to fund a rebuild isn't really that different in principle to having a similar type of owner.
Pretty much this . Most of high level football is corrupt & moralistically bankrupt anyway.

It was just a few months ago we were all demanding City pay £150m for Kane. Using their money to fund a rebuild isn't really that different in principle to having a similar type of owner.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

If you have the resources to buy a football club in the premier league, you have accumulated a huge amount of wealth. To an immoral level. You need to be super wealthy. And to become super wealthy in the world of today you need to be a real cunt. An immoral sack of shit. A Saudi takeover would make me feel sick. But hey, I’m not going to look upon any owner of a premier league team and say wow, that guys’ brilliant dude. They’re all cunts: evil tax dodging; sweatshop owning; modern poverty endorsing; corrupt motherfuckers. Whichever way you look at it. So it’s a battle of lesser evils… in hell.
I’d take Saudi ownership. Wouldn’t feel great about it. But whichever way you look at it, they’re all scumbags. We’d just end up with one of the worst of a bad bunch.
I’d take it though, for the success it could bring

Each to their own, but to me winning isn't that important.

Those teams that are used fornsportswashing the behaviour of their owners, they are no longer teams to me.

Newcastle the latest example.

I'd struggle to swallow it TBH and I've lost a lot of respect for the game already over the last 10 years.

I can't see how I can watch the next WC. It feels all wrong to me.

But, each to their own.

I don’t see why we can’t just have a local, self made businessman who has supported us since birth and ploughs his fortunes into the club. Surely it’s not that hard!

why would Saudi's takeover us with our "Jewish history" ?
trouble is with the property inside" Tottenham hotspur holding co" its got to cost £1-2Bn + debt of £1bn (so say £3bn) and what is the return on that ?

Back
Top Bottom