Would you like the Saudis to buy us instead of Geordies?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good luck to them brother.
They have genuine roots support who have gone through shit and if we aren't capable competing then better them than City/Chavs etc.

Makes no sense.... Why "better them than City"? .....Who gave a shit about City before all the dirty money?

.....Why should a dirty money fueled Newcastle be any more preferable?

This is disingenuous at best. Who are "The Chinese" or "The Americans". You indirectly address the heart of the matter; an individual bussiman say Bezos is not the sovereign wealth fund of a country, that is the by proxy owner of PSG . Then its state ownership pure and simple and you have to look at what that state is. The Saudis behead more people than ISIS, some for alleged sexual immorality. Have a proper read around the death of Jamal Khassogi and see how closely implicated Newcastle prospective owners are. I'm sorry but it's not a simple as "behind every great fortune there is a great crime" In this case in front of the fortune comes a shit load of murderizing. Bezos is a greedy ass but he is not this.

Aye, can’t disagree with that tbh. There’s a difference between an ordinary Saudi businessman taking control of a club and the Saudi state. Same applies to any state representatives of America, Russia, China etc.

Makes no sense.... Why "better them than City"? .....Who gave a shit about City before all the dirty money?

.....Why should a dirty money fueled Newcastle be any more preferable?
Empathy brother
I feel for the Geordies , ship building, loyal , proud, years of that fat cunt . It's a reality that our model will not match these whore houses , so rather them than the Chavs/city.
Emotions are beyond any rational thought.

Aye, can’t disagree with that tbh. There’s a difference between an ordinary Saudi businessman taking control of a club and the Saudi state. Same applies to any state representatives of America, Russia, China etc.
I amazed people can't see the difference. I actually think the games governing bodies should have 100% prohibited ownership, in any form(primary or secondary ) from sovereign wealth funds.Still those corrupt scum bags could not wait to get in the trough.

Couldn't really give a shit at this point , somebody is gonna buy the club at some point and we are already owned by some shady tax exile, as long as whoever buys it is here to win I couldn't care less.

Honestly I'm getting past caring these days.

Football is just about the money period, Eriksen's about to prove that, to go and collect a phat wage by taking an arguably backwards step in footballing terms to an inferior league.

Then we get this winter break, so that the snow flakes can have a couple of weeks off. Of course no mention of the elephant in the room which is all these money spinning pre-season tournaments that clubs will still continue to enter - Its not just pre-season now either is it? there is now usually an end of season tour included as well.

While they all collect their ludicrous wages and the likes of Klopp disrespects the oldest cup tournament in the world.

And don't even get me started on VAR.

Then there is paying £30-40 million for some no mark 20 year old that nobody has heard of outside of football manager.

Then you've got lower league teams with more sponsors names on their shirt than a formula one driver, just trying to eke it out and survive.

Sick of all of it to be honest. I'm not religious but its like the last decadent days of Sodom and Gomorrah

I wish all the money fell out of it and we could go back to how it was.
Sounds like you've had time to mull over and seethe about this scenario!

Empathy brother
I feel for the Geordies , ship building, loyal , proud, years of that fat cunt . It's a reality that our model will not match these whore houses , so rather them than the Chavs/city.
Emotions are beyond any rational thought.

....But City had suffered years of mediocrity too (arguably worse) before the dirty money..... Much of a muchness as far as I can see.

Back
Top Bottom