Would You Rather...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you prefer in charge of Spurs?

• Nuno

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Dyche

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • Conte

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Anyone who is not subject to game to game analysis or who is not bedevilled with being a poor ENIC/Levy acquisition.

My honest view is an up and coming manager who has a philosophy of playing football.that has some sense of synergy with whatever we think we should be as a club.

Much as Pochettino had.to.go when he did, I see no less in Potter.for.ezample, so why not?

So if Santo departs, and right now there is no big reason, then as above.

Iv been saying dyche for ages. Spurs need a character and someone who can kick these players up the arse and be able to work with limited funds

Put pep, conte, mourinho or klopp in the burnly dugout and see how long they last. Football at the high end mainly comes down to money. Its mid to lower range clubs where the coaching talent makes a difference

That's a bit like saying I was "outwitted" by a cliff cos I jumped off of it....
So you would say, in a game where 2 sides played against each other, with 3 possible outcomes, and Nuno's side got beaten quite convincingly 3-1, that.... Nuno outwitted his opposite number? Because his tactics were so bad that the opposition should have won??

I'm confused by your argument here, and it feels like you're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

As I said, just because Arteta didn't have to exert too much brain power to do it, he still outsmarted Nono by virtue of not sending his side out with a moronic gameplan.

So you would say, in a game where 2 sides played against each other, with 3 possible outcomes, and Nuno's side got beaten quite convincingly 3-1, that.... Nuno outwitted his opposite number? Because his tactics were so bad that the opposition should have won??

I haven't come close to saying that.

Are you not aware of the concept of somone/something being self-defeating?

I'm confused by your argument here, and it feels like you're just being contrary for the sake of being contrary.

...Or is it YOU that's being a contrarian?

I'm simply pointing out that Arteta did nothing to tactically outwit us...... Pretty straight forward.

It's not a big deal unless you choose to make it one.

As I said, just because Arteta didn't have to exert too much brain power to do it, he still outsmarted Nono by virtue of not sending his side out with a moronic gameplan.

So if we played 11 goal-keepers and sent them out with barefeet, Arteta would still deserve acknowledgment for what he proactively did in terms of tactics?

A more serious analogy; you don't think United gonna out and won a bunch of games DESPITE Ole's lack of tactical nouse over the last few years?

I haven't come close to saying that.

Are you not aware of the concept of somone/something being self-defeating?

...Or is it YOU that's being a contrarian?

I'm simply pointing out that Arteta did nothing to tactically outwit us...... Pretty straight forward.

It's not a big deal unless you choose to make it one.

So if we played 11 goal-keepers and sent them out with barefeet, Arteta would still deserve acknowledgment for what he proactively did in terms of tactics?

A more serious analogy; you don't think United gonna out and won a bunch of games DESPITE Ole's lack of tactical nouse over the last few years?
Whether he deserves acknowledgement or not is irrelevant to the fact that, assuming he put a proper team out with suitable footwear, he has quite clearly performed far smarter than the dunce that's fielded 11 barefoot keepers.

Whether he deserves acknowledgement or not is irrelevant to the fact that, assuming he put a proper team out with suitable footwear, he has quite clearly performed far smarter than the dunce that's fielded 11 barefoot keepers.

Whatever... Seriously.

If you're this hell-bent on the notion that Arteta (a manager widely criticised since he took the Arse job for having no plan or identity) is a notably better manager than Nuno then you have fun with it...

Dyche..... Arteta..... Intoxicating stuff! 👍

Whatever... Seriously.

If you're this hell-bent on the notion that Arteta (a manager widely criticised since he took the Arse job for having no plan or identity) is a notably better manager than Nuno then you have fun with it...

Dyche..... Arteta..... Intoxicating stuff! 👍
I'm not praising Arteta, I'm using their head to head as an example of Nuno's ineptitude...

Seems more logical than using the fact that it was self-sabotage in Nuno's defence.

Arteta and Ole are no worst than bearded Jose lite

Would you actually, genuinely want either of them though?

Dyche (see OP)..... Arteta... Ole..... Howe (added as per your past comments)..... Rafa (as is occasionally heard call).....

If we're seeking a relative equivalent of a 'magic Tuchel turnaround' to save our season; are any of these guys really gonna do that? If so, who? .....And if so to what ends? ....What's the relative equivalent outcome to the Chavs winning the CL?

.....6th and a cup?

.....9th and slightly better looking football?

....A few months of rest-bite, before the same people want them binned too?

Genuinely keen to know here.... It's not like I'm Team-Nuno or anything.

New game to maybe add a bit of intrigue to the pre-match chats until Nono is given the chop.

Would you swap our Manager for the opposition's?

Starting with Burnley and Dyche, I know who I'd prefer in our dugout, and for almost every game I would be gobsmacked if the bearded dipshit comes out on top, funnily enough the only game where I might be given pause for thought is coming up next weekend.

I've never done a poll before, so it might not work out exactly how I want, but I'll put up a simple Nono vs Dyche poll to start off with, update the OP with results post-kick off and then hopefully change for a new poll for the following game.

If no-ones interested I will take the hint and let this die, but I'm curious to see just HOW unpopular our caretaker actually is, and to hear some of the thoughts on how we would fare under the stewardship of rival managers.
His name is Nuno.

Dyche is all things considered a better manager than Nuno, but he’d be a horrible fit with our squad and you can’t really achieve big things playing like that.

Dyche is a master of what he does, horses for courses.

Would you actually, genuinely want either of them though?

Dyche (see OP)..... Arteta... Ole..... Howe (added as per your past comments)..... Rafa (as is occasionally heard call).....

If we're seeking a relative equivalent of a 'magic Tuchel turnaround' to save our season; are any of these guys really gonna do that? If so, who? .....And if so to what ends? ....What's the relative equivalent outcome to the Chavs winning the CL?

.....6th and a cup?

....A few months of rest-bite, before the same people want them binned too?

Genuinely keen to know here.... It's not like I'm Team-Nuno or anything.
I would exchange Nuno for Howe in a heartbeat. The others are give or take like Nuno. Arteta and Dyche play a boring football like him. Ole is very attacking minded and naive and he’s not doing well with a better United team but I would maybe exchange as well. Just for the kick of it. But having arteta Nuno and dyche would be almost the same thing. I legit think Nuno should been fired like a month ago

I would exchange Nuno for Howe in a heartbeat. The others are give or take like Nuno. Arteta and Dyche play a boring football like him. Ole is very attacking minded and naive and he’s not doing well with a better United team but I would maybe exchange as well. Just for the kick of it. But having arteta Nuno and dyche would be almost the same thing. I legit think Nuno should been fired like a month ago

The core of my question revolves around what you (or anyone) would want from Howe etc. by the end of the season.... Cos you sure as shit won't be happy with him beyond the short-term.

.....6th and a cup?
....A few months of rest-bite from Nuno and then calling for Howe to be sacked too?

The core of my question revolves around what you (or anyone) would want from Howe etc. by the end of the season.... Cos you sure as shit won't be happy with him beyond the short-term.

.....6th and a cup?
....A few months of rest-bite from Nuno and then calling for Howe to be sacked too?
Give him this season and judge him at the end? I just know that I liked his time at Bournemouth way more than what i saw from Nuno his all career. He could be shit for us! But he could be good. Nuno won’t ever be good for us mate.

Give him this season and judge him at the end? I just know that I liked his time at Bournemouth way more than what i saw from Nuno his all career. He could be shit for us! But he could be good. Nuno won’t ever be good for us mate.

Unless you genuinely think Howe is a longer term option; then you've not answered the question.....

At best he would be a short-term solution, so what would his target be?

.....6th and a cup?
....A few months of rest-bite from Nuno and then onto the next bloke?

Back
Top Bottom