Would you support a walk out ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you support a walk out on the 23rd minute

• Total voters
Nah, not fair on the players.

Mobilize the crowd to wear bald skull caps for the first 14 minutes of every home game, to represent the 14 years we've gone without a trophy.

A walk out is embarrassing - Levy won't care, you've paid for your ticket and just choosing to leave early.

The better way of doing it is not buying a ticket at all, or just getting a large number of fans to not turn up at all, and have it empty from kick off.

I remember the fans organised a similar thing at Valencia. On some symbolic minute (relatively near half time, say the 37th minute) the entire stand, upper and lower tiers, behind the goal walked out, and I mean everybody. The Spanish commentators, who studiously avoid any mention of protests or controversy in general, had to explain it as the once full stand was left completely empty. I can't remember what they were protesting about, but it was damned impressive.

Somewhat less impressive was seeing 95% back in their places after the break.

:contefacepalm2:

Last edited:
Exactly this. Just don't turn up. Will never bloody happen though. Levy must be laughing his arse off really. We're total mugs.

Managed to get a home ticket for the Chelsea game a while ago. I was chuffed!

Have got it refunded and fucked it off. Not prepared to spend over £200 for a day out at the footie to watch the shite we're serving up , and I've decided I won't even bother attempting to go again until ENIC fuck off. Can safely say I will stick to my word on that.

It's not much, but it's the best I can do really. Well that and not purchase any official spurs merchandise either, cancelling spursplay and won't renew my OneHotspur membership.

It's sad but there you go.

Nope, things ain't great but they ain't that fucking bad.
Not that bad? Our biggest rivals are looking like they are going to win a title while we haven't won a significant pot since 1990/91 when we had Gazza and Gary fucking Lineker playing..
Our best player is running his contract down and our second best player has forgotten how to play football, we are slipping further off top 4 and have gone something like 876 games since we last even bothered to play a first half.

I get some people are glass half full and others half empty but fuck me this is about as bad as it gets

I remember the fans organised a similar thing a Valencia. On some symbolic minute (relatively near half time, say the 37th minute) the entire stand, upper and lower tiers, behind the goal waked out, and I mean everybody. The Spanish commentators, who studiously avoid any mention of protests or controversy in general, had to explain it as the once full stand was left completely empty. I can't remember what they were protesting about, but it was damned impressive.

Somewhat less impressive was seeing 95% back in their places after the break.

:contefacepalm2:
Sure they didn't just go for a beer?

Nope, things ain't great but they ain't that fucking bad.

Define "not that bad" when was the last time we won any silverware?

Also do you have any idea what ENIC and Levys plan is going forward? Because from where I am sitting, they don't seem to have one outside of infrastructure and expansion of their own portfolio.

Ultimately something needs to be done to make the owners aware that us, as supporters of the FOOTBALL club, want to know what their plan is going forward? Instead of leaving us all guessing.

wouldn't be able to do that.
Why not? In Frankfurt we once discussed not going into the stands for a half-time because we wanted to abolish the Monday games in the Bundesliga.
I couldn't because I wanted/needed to support my team!

I don't like the investors, but the support of the team would be more important to me because everything is at stake in the next few games!

OT: The Monday games in the Bundesliga were abolished in a different way through fan campaigns.

Define "not that bad" when was the last time we won any silverware?

Also do you have any idea what ENIC and Levys plan is going forward? Because from where I am sitting, they don't seem to have one outside of infrastructure and expansion of their own portfolio.

Ultimately something needs to be done to make the owners aware that us, as supporters of the FOOTBALL club, want to know what their plan is going forward? Instead of leaving us all guessing.

Trophies ain't for us, we're more of a vibes club.

Of course; I get it. And it’s not that I’m ‘against’ it.

But I’d prefer to see half empty stadiums as opposed to an actual demonstration mid-game.
I think the point is though, mid-game, the cameras and broadcasters will really focus on it, it will have an impact and get them talking about how fans are walking out in disgust because of the owners etc.

It seems a pretty effective method to me, at least to get the narrative and pressure on ENIC and Levy.

Do I think it will make them change? Probably not because I don't think they give a fuck tbh but at this point it's about driving them out whatever way we can and maybe with a constant pressure at every game they may look to sell.

The problem is right now, our fanbase seems apathetic because we have a section of the support who feel they are indebted to ENIC for some strange bizzare reason.

23rd minute? but, but, but, but we don't start playing until the 46th, if you're lucky. How depressing to travel all that way, then come straight back home again.

My alternative suggestion is that the entire crowd turns 180 degrees and faces away from the pitch for the entire 1st half. This has advantages:
1. You wouldn't miss anything you'd want to see.
2. You wouldn't be able to see Lloris play volleyball into his net.
3. You could still annoy people by squeezing past them on the 40 minute mark.
4. You might find yourself looking straight at a fit young lady's arse.
5. You could still sneakily watch the game out of the corner of your eye, on a jumbo screen, if you're a masochist.
6. Sometimes we score in the 2nd half.

Edit: and if you get tired you could sit on the back of the seat in front of you, which would be behind you, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom