Would you take relegation if it meant new owners and a fresh start?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take relegation if it meant new owners?

• Yes

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Fuck Off

Votes: 53 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the 2000s we were on par with Everton and Villa, all trying to break the Top 4. We broke it and have had title challenges and cup finals since then. They went to shit for years and years.

I think they'd take our trajectory over theirs. I have a big issue with the ownership, but unless you can guarantee someone better coming in (you can't), getting relegated with the hope of something better is a massive risk. The stupid irony of being a football fan is that for all the emotional and financial investment we put, what we get out and our trajectory as a club is entirely out of our hands.

There is no escaping it anymore. The same pattern just happens over and over again.

As long as there is enough Premier League TV money coming in, Levy and ENIC aren't going anywhere and we will be doing the same shit.

I can only speak for myself but supporting this club has nothing to do with playing in the Premier League. If I'm honest I have grown to hate this competition. I genuinely think I'd enjoy football more if we were a championship club that played 8 academy kids who actually cared.

If it meant we needed to get relegated and lose the Premier League TV money to get a fresh start and change of culture at the club, would you still support this club in the Championship?
If it meant 100% Levy and ENIC fuck off forever, 100% gone, no interest, nothing to do with Spurs FC ever again.

I think I would take relegation for a year.

The whole point about ENIC/LEVY is there will be another boom within a year or two, and all this will be temporarily forgotten.

Its almost like they have included the fickleness of deprived football fans into their business model.

In the 2000s we were on par with Everton and Villa, all trying to break the Top 4. We broke it and have had title challenges and cup finals since then. They went to shit for years and years.

I think they'd take our trajectory over theirs. I have a big issue with the ownership, but unless you can guarantee someone better coming in (you can't), getting relegated with the hope of something better is a massive risk. The stupid irony of being a football fan is that for all the emotional and financial investment we put, what we get out and our trajectory as a club is entirely out of our hands.
Yet Villa have been promoted and now shot past us in a few seasons.
Go figure.

I think the best thing is for everyone on this forum to contribute £1k.

I’ll go to Vegas and stick it all on black (fuck the reds) until we have enough money to buy the club ourselves.

Then we’ll all be on the board of directors and have a real chance of winning silverware.

Albeit in the conference league after we suffer several years of back to back relegations.

I would

Tourists would stop coming to the ground.
Breaking Bad Reaction GIF

It shouldn't TAKE relegation to make that sort of change... Why should it be THAT drastic..?

It's like saying should you have to die of cancer before you stop smoking?

I get plenty of people probably don't, by why should it be sick a drastic outcome before change is made?

I predict a riot!

I see a return of the Purple/Yellow balloons before the Burnley game!

(Even though it shoulda been chocolate & gold, they missed a trick there... But fuck it, I guess that makes them as stupid as the owners!)
Thankyou we did not have a purple kit until 1994.

I think the best thing is for everyone on this forum to contribute £1k.

I’ll go to Vegas and stick it all on black (fuck the reds) until we have enough money to buy the club ourselves.

Then we’ll all be on the board of directors and have a real chance of winning silverware.

Albeit in the conference league after we suffer several years of back to back relegations.
It's a bit woke sticking it all on black isn't it?

The debt repayment is fixed at c.25M every season, that will be covered by event revenue regardless. Going down won’t risk that repayment. You could end the football club entirely and the stadium would run as an independent business

Relegation won’t create any short term jeopardy, outgoings / costs will reduce alongside prize money, TV money and we will be stable. If it meant a change in ownership I would pull the lever 100%. Can’t take another 25 years of Levy penny pinching and showing little desire to win

We are a meme, stuck in groundhog and paying highest prices in the world under an illusion of trying to compete
Yes. If you somehow were able to guarantee new owners in exchange for relegation, I'd take it. Can I choose the owners though?

There is no escaping it anymore. The same pattern just happens over and over again.

As long as there is enough Premier League TV money coming in, Levy and ENIC aren't going anywhere and we will be doing the same shit.

I can only speak for myself but supporting this club has nothing to do with playing in the Premier League. If I'm honest I have grown to hate this competition. I genuinely think I'd enjoy football more if we were a championship club that played 8 academy kids who actually cared.

If it meant we needed to get relegated and lose the Premier League TV money to get a fresh start and change of culture at the club, would you still support this club in the Championship?
when you first posted on here - you seemed pretty reasonable and level headed. Not any more

What a dick idea.
Ok this is mental.

Relegation would fuck us for decades.
the last time it happened it didn't

but then again - in those days it was a level playing field with no arab or oligarchs money

so no it wouldn't

Back
Top Bottom