Would you take relegation if it meant new owners and a fresh start?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take relegation if it meant new owners?

• Yes

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Fuck Off

Votes: 53 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
when you first posted on here - you seemed pretty reasonable and level headed. Not any more

What a dick idea.

the last time it happened it didn't

but then again - in those days it was a level playing field with no arab or oligarchs money

so no it wouldn't
We were last relegated in the 70s. With the greatest of respect, football finances are nothing like they were almost 50 years ago.

A football club used to finishing in the upper parts, like usually at least 7th if not higher of the Premier League suddenly becoming a Championship Club is not in the slightest bit comparable to an old Division One club becoming a Division Two club.

There is no escaping it anymore. The same pattern just happens over and over again.

As long as there is enough Premier League TV money coming in, Levy and ENIC aren't going anywhere and we will be doing the same shit.

I can only speak for myself but supporting this club has nothing to do with playing in the Premier League. If I'm honest I have grown to hate this competition. I genuinely think I'd enjoy football more if we were a championship club that played 8 academy kids who actually cared.

If it meant we needed to get relegated and lose the Premier League TV money to get a fresh start and change of culture at the club, would you still support this club in the Championship?
Fuck off then and stop making such utterly pointless threads.

We were last relegated in the 70s. With the greatest of respect, football finances are nothing like they were almost 50 years ago.

A football club used to finishing in the upper parts, like usually at least 7th if not higher of the Premier League suddenly becoming a Championship Club is not in the slightest bit comparable to an old Division One club becoming a Division Two club.
True. But, our matchday revenue advantage would - with some modestly competent management - give us a huge advantage over our future Champo rivals. That alone is 3-4x the TOTAL revenue of the top half dozen or so Champo clubs (perhaps ex Leicester). It would fall a bit in the Champo yes, but we would be the Celtic to their Kilmarnock.

Fuck off then and stop making such utterly pointless threads.
2k views and 104 replies in less that 24 hours...

Levynomics clearly made enough people open the thread.

We just lost twice to Chelsea and the NLD at home to help those cunts on their way to a title despite being behind us not long ago.

I'm behind Ange and the team, always will be behind the team but right now this Levy/ENIC thing has reached the tipping point. clearly can't go on like this. They need to do something different or be on their bike because Spurs fans don't deserve paying top prices to be the permanent banter club.

We just lost twice to Chelsea and the NLD at home to help those cunts on their way to a title despite being behind us not long ago.

I'm behind Ange and the team, always will be behind the team but right now this Levy/ENIC thing has reached the tipping point. clearly can't go on like this. They need to do something different or be on their bike because Spurs fans don't deserve paying top prices to be the permanent banter club.
What do you mean by "can't go on like this" though? They own the club. It has and can go on like this. Fans of course have a massively inelastic demand to watch their club. If it gets much worse, they sack Ange. And hope springs eternal.

Finances and money injected into the sport couldn't be more different, but what got us back up were the same human metrics that would be needed if it happened again, a decent manager capable of motivating a well balanced squad. We would have to go through several seasons of financial austerity to struggle.
Look at Leicester if you want to see why its no different - the numbers are just bigger.

I was going to vote for the third option, but I'm too much of a lady!

I've suffered relegation once already, supporting Spurs, never again, and it would be a lot worse this time around.

its because people cant believe that someone would post such an asinine subject.
Quit while you're behind.

Yes you're right. Nothing says you are behind the team more than starting this thread. Away with ya, ya daft cunt.

Seems a bit drastic. However, it still wouldnt lead to them selling. The stadium would still be virtually full in the championship and they wouldnt lose any more money than they did during covid. I'd still go because we'd most likely win more games. It might actually be fun.

Well I voted for the third option ….

I was going to vote for the third option, but I'm too much of a lady!

… clearly not ladylike enough 😅

Seriously, this is a daft question for three reasons.

1. If you think we’re the butt of others jokes now, can you imagine getting relegated? I don’t remember the last time any big six side went down, but it’s certainly not been a common occurrence recently, and if it happened to us now, in the social media age, we’d never be allowed to forget it.

2. There’s a strange assumption that if we had new ownership, they would be brilliant and everything would be rosy immediately. What’s the model for that, particularly post-FFP regulations ? Who are these magical owners that will transform our fortunes?

3. We’re fifth for heavens sake. I know the last few weeks have been hard, but this fanbase has been through much worse.

I’m ready for this season to be over too, but I still see plenty of reasons to have hopes for the next one.

Well I voted for the third option ….

… clearly not ladylike enough 😅

Seriously, this is a daft question for three reasons.

1. If you think we’re the butt of others jokes now, can you imagine getting relegated? I don’t remember the last time any big six side went down, but it’s certainly not been a common occurrence recently, and if it happened to us now, in the social media age, we’d never be allowed to forget it.

2. There’s a strange assumption that if we had new ownership, they would be brilliant and everything would be rosy immediately. What’s the model for that, particularly post-FFP regulations ? Who are these magical owners that will transform our fortunes?

3. We’re fifth for heavens sake. I know the last few weeks have been hard, but this fanbase has been through much worse.

I’m ready for this season to be over too, but I still see plenty of reasons to have hopes for the next one.
Brilliant post!
I think the only way ENIC will go is for them to get an offer they can't refuse, and no-one is going to dish out that sort of wonga for a second division club.

Back
Top Bottom