Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will be watching this at the Coach and Horses, and will kill two birds with one stone by seeing the new stadium progress in the flesh. Last time I was in Tottenham, they had just started to knock down the East Stand, and the Park Lane was still fairly intact. Shame about Harry, but if we are going to make a statement that we are not a one-man team (which we know we're not, but others still need convincing!), then a good result is needed. We need to keep it tight for 90+ minutes, not for just 45 like Wednesday.

There is no doubt in my mind that we are the underdogs for this match. lost 20 out of 25 at OT and no Kane. We were also underdogs in Madrid and a similar result would be great tomorrow. A win would put me on cloud 9 but is only an outside bet. A defeat will not be a disaster as it has happened for the last 3 years.

Honestly, a wind up, LOL. We have lost the last three games at Old Trafford, and have a list of injuries as long as your arm. Wake up and smell the coffee
You are a wind up and looking for attention. Injuries, yes problem no. Are we capable in getting a result, yes, they have thier own problems of late.You are in a win win situation, lose your right,win and enjoy it, smart?

Well it’s clear now why son and Llorente were subbed on Wednesday.

Quite fancy any of the back three to pick up a goal soon. Law of averages etc.

Tomorrow might be the day for it. Another Super Jan goal at OT would go down a treat.

We were poor in all the big away games up north last season and you could pinpoint the failings as being overly optimistic about our ability to control the games by playing high lines and pushing our full backs too far forward. I'm expecting a more cautious approach this season, looking to keep the game tight and for opportunities on the counter attack.

I hope we plan our attack to better use Llorente’s skills in the box. I feel like we didn’t do enough again spammers to take advantage of what he offers. In Poch we trust.

I hope we plan our attack to better use Llorente’s skills in the box. I feel like we didn’t do enough again spammers to take advantage of what he offers. In Poch we trust.

I think this is going to be a big test for Llorente. I think he’s up to the challenge. I think pound for pound we are better than United even without Kane but we’re at their gaff and they suck the life out of the beautiful game so we’ll just have to wait and see

It's my first post here, so hello ladies & gents, but fuck me, what is all this about. And I still don't consider Wembley 'home' and I never will.

Anyway, back to the point, although Kane is not available with our regular back line playing I feel like we should be able to keep Utd out but they always have a goal in them.

We should have Son, Alli & Eriksen playing hopefully and they're all capable of scoring. They stepped up last year when Harry was out for a period so if they can do the same again tomorrow I'm comfortable we can get a result. I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw either.

Would love to see Llorente bang a goal in too.

Welcome aboard! I’ve been here 5 years and still no trophy - hope you’re better than that!

Main man out , so my line up little like a fart in the clouds , but he who dares Rodney.
I would like to get at these boring fuckers and little shit of a manager.
----------------------Frenchie---------------------
____verts,-----------San----------Ald---------
PSG bloke-------------------------------Rose-----
----------------Ali ------------Dembele-------
--------son-----------------------Erikesen -
----------------------liorente

We know Maureen loves to pack his defence against attacking teams and with Kane sidelined after our defensive masterclass against the grief monkeys, he will not want to attack for fear of the counter.
However he's at home and the crowd won't forgive him for sitting back.
This plays into Poch's hands however, so he will double bluff and defend with two banks of 5 and attack on the counter.
Which is what we will do.
So I predict the ball will only be touched 4 times, twice in each half as both teams kick off and then immediately retreat in their respective 6 yard boxes and start digging in to defensive positions.
The game will be settled by the two managers having a punch up in the technical area.
Spurs to win by a knock out.

I was at the West Ham game on Wednesday and even now I am thinking what a stupid game that was, it also confirms my theory that winning 2-1 mid game is the most dangerous scoreline, when your opponent believes that the other side's defence is fallible then unless you grab control of the game you're vulnerable, on Sunday we tool control just before half time, on Wednesday, well let's not dwell on that one!

The idea we can't win without Kane is nonsense, the idea we're not as good without him is not quite so far fetched, we will miss his work rate and threat going forward, there's no getting around that. The key for me is getting Llorente to work with the attacking players around him, there was a moment against Madrid where he slipped in Kane rather wonderfully, I am kind of hoping that he can be the defensive attacker, by that I mean hold the ball up in attacking areas where the likes of Son, Alli and Eriksen can take advantage of attacking positions. Against Madrid I saw it, against West Ham, not so much!

I do think with the defensive line up with Jan, Toby and Sanchez we should be able to contain Manchester United. I think it's safe to assume that Mourinho will play efficiently against us and try to get us to make 1 mistake and that's possibly why I would choose Trippier over Aurier at right back, or at least play him as an out and out winger rather than put him in position for him to make a silly tackle, because this is likely to be a game of very fine margins.

If we win it's a huge boost to our confidence that we can survive without one of the best strikers in the world, if we draw, that's still a respectable result. My gut says this is going to be 1-1 but if we score first I can well imagine us parking the bus against them.

Back
Top Bottom