Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah same outcome for me too. Of course Kane being out is a massive loss, hes a prolific goalscorer for us but Llorente can still put in shifts. Thats why we bought him, because of situations like this. The lads have got to play to his strengths and get those crosses in because I hardly saw that the other night. Once he gets a breakthrough goal, i believe he will kick on and get a few more. Poch will probably start with Son though which is expected to be honest, then change it up around 70 mins. Ive got trust in it either way.

Mourinho is a master in frustration with those annoying tactics he uses. Kane probably wouldnt have had an inch of space because he'd be marked out of the game anyways. So im also ready for a gruelling session of pulling my hair out for 90 mins.

COYS! Lets ave it!!

I'm disappointed more for Kane than us wanted him to score up there and kiss the badge reveal a tshirt that said 'I'd never sign for united' etc

We'll be okay as an attacking threat whether that be Son or Llorente or both.

People say Kane being out resulted in poor form, nonsense we beat city etc with Son as a false 9. It was Toby being out that cost us our form

Is that correct thought it was Klopp or is that including his time at Southampton

He's only lost once to Klopp.

He's lost to Mourinho atleast three times off the top of my head. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in his first season. League Cup final and Man Utd away last year.

If we are without Kane, and if we do still win this here.. I hope Poch points out to Pep in his post match interview that the Harry Kane team won without Harry Kane :pochlol:

----------------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------
-------------Sanchez---------Alderweireld----------Vertonghen--------------
---Aurier-------------------Dier------------Dembele(or Winks)---------Davies---
-------------------------------------Eriksen------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Alli----------------Son------------------------------------

1-1(Davies).

To be fair, this has probably messed up Mourinho’s plans as well. Maybe why Poch has waited till now to announce it. Trying to mark Son and Llorente is completely different to Kane.

A tough game, got tougher. But if we can go to the Bernabeu and get a result with a 21 year old going up against the best centre midfield pair in the world then we can get a result at Utd. Plus they have a ridiculous number of players out. Jones will be back but Rashford, Bailly and Herrera are doubts.

Mourinho will be conscious of the counter. I would expect a cagey affair.

What happens when both teams concede possession? I predict that we will probably get bored before they do and take the initiative.

I too would like to see both Son and Llorente, but who gets dropped? Winks, Dembele, Eriksen, Alli? Is Lamela also available?

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Verts Davies
Winks Dembele
Son Eriksen
Llorente

Alli / Sissoko as impact.

Considering we smashed his Chelsea side 5-3. I'd say that was probably wrong.

That loss was what put him back into his shell... They were were playing with freedom and clearly enjoying themselves up until then. Less than a year later; mutiny.

I sincerely believe we indirectly blew the wheels off of his 2nd tenure.

Edit: He was 'the happy one' until that point.

Last edited:
That loss was what put him back into his shell... They were were playing with freedom and clearly enjoying themselves up until then. Less than a year later; mutiny.

I sincerely believe we indirectly blew the wheels off of his 2nd tenure.
I'd like to think the result contributed to his demise, but I wouldn't want to be like West Ham claiming they ended two of our title runs. Mourinho's problems at Chavski ran deep....

Back
Top Bottom