"you couldn't write a script like that."

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle

Blatant
Right. I have heard this silly nonsense cliche dozens of time in the last couple of days mostly in relation to the city game. I think I hear it 3 or 4 times on last nights motd alone.

You know the one. When something dramatic happens in a game an a pundit says "well you just wouldn't write that script" or similar.

But surely, if you were writing a film script about a football club or season, an incredible last minute winner when all looked lost is EXACTLY what you would want to put in there. Because its exciting.

Surely the phrase would be more applicable in the event of a boring 0-0 draw. That's what you wouldn't put in a script, not one of the most dramatic title wins of all time.

Anyway rant over!

I think in the movie script, City and ManU would have been playing each other.

And it would have been decided on penalties. The hero would have been whichever ruggedly handsome striker or keeper (as the case may be) had nailed the lead actress 20 minutes in, and since been working through their contentious, yet tender, relationship.

You're right. As a script, yesterday actually sucked. Unless someone's nailing Anne Hathaway, I'm frankly not interested.

Didn't read the articles but I saw some headlines today proclaiming the "miracle" of City winning the league. I guess they were referring to the 94th minute goal that won it, but miracle? The richest club in the world? It's a miracle they needed to wait until the last kick of the season, a miracle they were fucking awful in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom