Younes our player of the year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's definitely been one of our more stalwart players. Hard to pick a player of the year for me, a few people up there imo and I'm not one to pick favorites, as a generality.

I voted for Younes too :kaboul:

Been our best defender by a distance and arguably our most consistent performer across the season. Never thought I'd ever be saying those words about him when we first signed him! Stepped up a level.

KABOUL, KABOUL, KABOUL IS ON FIRE!!

Statistically, he was one of our most important players at the halfway stage of the season - with his presence correlating heavily with team performance.

178083hp2.jpg

Younes Kaboul is set to become the next Tottenham star to commit his future to the club by signing a long-term contract.

England full-back Kyle Walker signed a contract until 2017 on Thursday as Spurs look to tie down their key players - and Kaboul could follow him within the next 48 hours.

Kaboul’s agent will land in London on Thursday to hold talks with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy over a new deal - believed to be for the next four years - for the France international.

The 26-year-old has established himself as a key member of the Tottenham team this season, making 30 Premier League appearances and becoming Harry Redknapp’s first choice central defender.

He has been in talks over a new contract since January and is close to agreeing terms in a deal that would keep him at White Hart Lane until he is 30.

Kaboul initially joined Spurs from Auxerre in 2007 for £8 million but was signed by Harry Redknapp for Portsmouth after struggling to settle at White Hart Lane.

Redknapp re-signed Kaboul in January 2009 and the central defender - who can also play at right-back or defensive midfield - has cemented his role at the heart of the back four.

I remember his first season he got Conpletely thrown in the deep end as he ended up playing way more games than he was supposed to due to injuries and got slaughtered for being shit. I always said that he'd be a great player when he was older as he had all the right attributes and was unfair to judge him properly at the time. This fell on plenty of deaf ears.
Feel totally vindicated now.

I've loved this guy (no ghey) since his goal in the 125 Anniversary game. He's been a ledge-in-waiting ever since and immense pretty much without exception this season.

sorry, can't see him becoming captain, not vocal enough. see gallas for a proper captain, takes the boys by the neck and shouts at them if they done something wrong or bad, friendly arm around the shoulder if there's something to improve on, and praising the lads who do things well. not to mention he shouts orders to organize the def, never seen Kab do that actively enough

Kalyl said:
sorry, can't see him becoming captain, not vocal enough. see gallas for a proper captain, takes the boys by the neck and shouts at them if they done something wrong or bad, friendly arm around the shoulder if there's something to improve on, and praising the lads who do things well. not to mention he shouts orders to organize the def, never seen Kab do that actively enough

Yeah, but Gallas is like that because of experience in huge pressure situations. I think he'll grow into that sort of role, few years yet though.

Back
Top Bottom