Your World XI...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been thinking for a while about asking you lot what your world XI's would be at this moment in time. I know it's early in the season, but you can go on how players were playing at the end of last season and during the Euros too. This may have been used as a topic already but oh well... It would be interesting to see what different people's opinions are on different players. Use what ever formation you need to accommodate the players. Mine would have to be:

4-3-3

GK Joe Hart
RB Dani Alves
CB Vincent Kompany
CB Sergio Ramos
LB Phillip Lahm
DM Scott Parker (I honestly think he is the best defensive midfielder in the world, no one does it better IMO)
CM Xavi
CM Andres Iniesta
STR Cristiano Ronaldo
STL Lionel Messi
STC Sergio Aguero

he's limited, barely the best defensive midfielder at Tottenham.

Yaya Toure can play that role better although he's employed higher up the pitch these days. Busquets, Khadeira, De Rossi to name 3 more off the top of my head.

Yeah I agree with you that De Rossi is up there as well, very good player. But I think he is better as a central midfielder with his passing ability, the same goes with Khedira. But for an out and out defensive midfielder I think Parker (when he's on top form) is the best. Sandro could be! What would your XI be?

[centre]Casillas[/centre]
[centre]Ramos - Chiellini - Pepe - Lahm[/centre]
[centre]Xabi Alonso - Iniesta[/centre]
[centre]Ronaldo - Ozil - Messi[/centre]
[centre]Aguero[/centre]

Got to have Thiago Silva at CB surely? Put Ramos RB.

Not sure if Hart is better than Casillas or Neuer either, but is close.

In terms of the players instead of Parker you could add Alonso to the list, you don't HAVE to have a ball winner, and he's the sort of player who doesn't have to chase down the ball like a terrier, because he already wins it by great positional sense

Thelonious said:
for me, Falcao > Aguero. :)

can't be bothered to name an 11.

Also, think Van Persie would play better in that team than Aguero, but Aguero is the better player.
I would also say Villa is better than Aguero, though admittedly not on current form (due to injuries of course)

Lloris

Walker
Kaboul
Vertonghen
Assou-Ekotto

Parker
Dembele

Lennon
Sigurdsson
Bale

Adebayor

Bench:
Friedel
Caulker
Sandro
Dempsey
Defoe

Manager: Andre Villas-Boas

:walker:

[centre]Neuer
|Dani Alves| |Thiago Silva| |Pique| |A.Cole|
|Ronaldo| |Xavi| |Inesta| |Messi|
|Falcao| |Ageuro|[/centre]

Alright, this isn't actually what I think the world's best eleven would look like. Some of the posts already have basically covered that for me. So this is one that's just an eleven that I would love to see. In all honesty I'd have had Cole at leftback but no chelscum in my team ta. Also Alves over Walker is an obvious one but I stuck Kyle in there anyway.

[centre]Neuer

Walker Kompany Silva Coentrao

Alonso Iniesta

Nani Neymar Ribery

Falcao[/centre]

Nah, but as I say, this isn't really a world's best, just a world team I'd love to see. I think a world's best is going to be a bit repetitive naturally since Ronaldo and Messi will be in every post. Not sure about Tevez/Neymar.

Back
Top Bottom