Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We signed Bissouma on the 14th June.
The Athletic reported he was cleared on 29th.
IIRC the investigation had already shifted to a man in his 40s — I believe reported as a male relative of Bissouma (uncle?).

He was always a secondary figure in the enquiries.

I believe the club very much expected him to be cleared when they signed him. I’m not sure why they didn’t wait from an optics perspective.

When the rumours of our interest started bubbling they all contained the caveat of "if" he was cleared......

I mean that's a pretty wild supposition, I dunno.

See above.... It seemed quite clear to me at the time that we'd receive some kind of nod that he was in the clear.......

Def not clairvoyance on my part. : P

It was definitely strange that we'd sign a player with that hanging over them. But we also got a very inexplicable price.

....Hadn't he drifted into the last year of his deal due to the legal concerns previously looming?

Last edited:
He was always a secondary figure in the enquiries.

When the rumour of our interest started bubbling they all contained the caveat of "if" he was cleared......

See above.... It seemed quite clear to me at the time that we'd receive some kind of nod that he was in the clear.......

Def not clayervoyance on my part. : P

....Hadn't he drifted into the last year of his deal thanks to none interest from the legal concerns previously looming?
Exactly.

Would even add that us being the only club willing to take a chance on him might build a stronger bond with him and us.

More likely a Brighton issue than a Bissouma issue though, I imagine.

There will be games this season in which we don't win where Bissouma will look to be below his usual level when it's more likely we just met a team that on the day was better.

Unless Brighton had games where they blew teams away and Bissouma was lacklustre in that game. But can't say I ever watched him play for Brighton outside of any games against bigger teams or games against Spurs where he always looked a class above.
I dunno mate. We won 5-2 last time out and he wasn’t quite as good as previously. But will be interesting to see if he can keep his level across a whole season

More likely a Brighton issue than a Bissouma issue though, I imagine.

There will be games this season in which we don't win where Bissouma will look to be below his usual level when it's more likely we just met a team that on the day was better.

Unless Brighton had games where they blew teams away and Bissouma was lacklustre in that game. But can't say I ever watched him play for Brighton outside of any games against bigger teams or games against Spurs where he always looked a class above.
I saw them lose games ( one to Harry Kane) where he was imperious. Then Kane promptly got one half chane and it was over. He still looked the best player on the park, bar the bloke with goal scoring super power.

Ange on bringing the best out of Yves via TalkSport (summarised)
He was with us from the first day whilst others were on international duty. It was youngsters but he really stood out. I said to him that he can be a real leader here. The next day he turned up late. I said to him leaders turn up on time. He hasn't been late since.

He was fantastic in that second half. What a player.

Tougher tests with Woolwich and Liverpool coming up next but I have a feeling he'll be relishing it.

MOTM

After they scored he was our leader.

Decided to say fuck it and dribble through 5 defenders so many times.

Literally a driving force.
if he can find a bit of end product from the times he drives into the box hes going to be a joke. the first one he had a square ball to porro for a tap in that he didnt see. if he has a bit more awareness there thats one of the assists of the season.

if he can find a bit of end product from the times he drives into the box hes going to be a joke. the first one he had a square ball to porro for a tap in that he didnt see. if he has a bit more awareness there thats one of the assists of the season.
He reminds me of that Harry Enfield skit where the ball is literally stuck to his feet. His ceiling is scary.

Back
Top Bottom