Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not in a month of Sundays would Levy finance the purchase of a player with legal issues. I think over the years we have been desensitised to the figures being passed around in this business but 25m/30m is not to be taken lightly if there is a hint of backfire from any issues. Just like a medical before signing im sure a Premier league club has done due diligence on the matter.

Not in a month of Sundays would Levy finance the purchase of a player with legal issues. I think over the years we have been desensitised to the figures being passed around in this business but 25m/30m is not to be taken lightly if there is a hint of backfire from any issues. Just like a medical before signing im sure a Premier league club has done due diligence on the matter.
I’d like to think you are right but Levy doesn’t always get things right. I mean he didn’t seem to do much due diligence in judging the reaction to the Super League proposals which cost Spurs in terms of reputation and financially as well (albeit not as much as 25m)

There was some ITK, fwiw, earlier in the window that we'd been performing lots of background checks on the off field behaviour & character of players.

Everyone interpreted this as being about Pogba, especially when it was suggested we'd turned down the chance to sign him.

But I wonder if our background checks weren't more widespread during the spring, and included Bissouma's legal situation & his entourage.

I say this because as soon as it seemed Juve indicated they were not willing to sell McKennie to us (based on ITK, I know I know) we pulled the trigger on Bissouma.

The Conte / Paratici CM list could easily have been 1 McKennie, 2 Bissouma. And we did not wait around.

If my speculation is correct, that's good work by the club in investigating the situation early. Because I would hate to think we've agreed a fee but not already done in-depth background checks into Bissouma's circumstances...

I’d like to think you are right but Levy doesn’t always get things right. I mean he didn’t seem to do much due diligence in judging the reaction to the Super League proposals which cost Spurs in terms of reputation and financially as well (albeit not as much as 25m)
I think that whole episode WAS market research, to gauge the reaction.

We raced into an easy 2-0 lead. Had about 10 minutes where they scored and we looked a bit shakey. Made it 3-1 with chance either side of the 3rd goal.
We also easily won 2-0 away to them.
I was at both of them. Yes, the 2-0 away was no contest.

In the FA tie at home they created a couple of chances that were at least as good as the ones we scored from to go 2-0 up. I was watching with a local mate who is a ST at Spurs and a ST at Brighton. (Spurs supporter). We both felt that for the first 65 mins (until the 3rd) they were very much in it and it really hinged on them missing their good chances and us taking them.

Peanuts compared to potential super league revenue. We know he definitely plays the long game.
There are other ways of doing market research that don’t involved getting fined and tarnishing our reputation. The big 6 etc thought they were going to get away with it. He misjudged the situation badly but it’s old ground so I’m not digging it up again.

FWIW, i can not seeyou lot buying a player who is likely to be charged by te police, im sure Spurs would of done due dilligence on the investigation, also other than being dropped by us immediatly after his arrest for a couple of games he was bought back into the side, other than injuries or putting him on the bench he has played alot of games for us since. If there was a problem im sure he woud not have played, dont forget he has also left the country to play for Mali. Now i cant see the police allowing this. Remember he has not raped anyone and its someone who was with him that is the person of intrest.

Anyway he is guilty of one thing, and tats fashion sense.

Looking forward to watching you this season when Biss plays in the champions league.

Funny how last week Woolwich and Villa fans were having orgasms at the prospect of having him, now they say hes not good enough. For that reason im glad hes gone to you as ur fans seem far more level headed.

FWIW, i can not seeyou lot buying a player who is likely to be charged by te police, im sure Spurs would of done due dilligence on the investigation, also other than being dropped by us immediatly after his arrest for a couple of games he was bought back into the side, other than injuries or putting him on the bench he has played alot of games for us since. If there was a problem im sure he woud not have played, dont forget he has also left the country to play for Mali. Now i cant see the police allowing this. Remember he has not raped anyone and its someone who was with him that is the person of intrest.

Anyway he is guilty of one thing, and tats fashion sense.

Looking forward to watching you this season when Biss plays in the champions league.

Funny how last week Woolwich and Villa fans were having orgasms at the prospect of having him, now they say hes not good enough. For that reason im glad hes gone to you as ur fans seem far more level headed.

Thank you mate. He is a phenomenal player, we haven’t been this confident in a new signing in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom